Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Spider-Man - Playstation 4 Exclusive - Now Launched

Started by BLUEVOODU, September 09, 2018, 04:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Who has bought this game?  I bought it.... I know @SpartanEvolved, @targetrasp , @trkorecky  and @Strubes were looking into this title (probably @CreepinDeth and @Kinikko as well. 

While I wish there were multiplayer features, this is a pretty fun beat-em-up style game.  Some call it the Arkham Asylum of the Spider-Man world.  There are talks about this being the best Spider-Man game ever made.  I have to agree with this statement.

Now that this game as been launched, what are your impressions?   Post up your comments on Spider-Man for the PlayStation 4.

CreepinDeth

Yep, I bought it! I've only played through the tutorial mission though and had to stop. Maybe I'm too used to the Arkham games because when I try to dodge I press Triangle rather than Circle, lol.

So far, I think it looks great in terms of Image Quality but need more time with it for sure to see where it stacks up.

Kinikko

Jacob has hogged the damn game the whole time we've had it so far, and I've only been able to play like an hour of it. XD  He absolutely loves it and has already put a good 20 hours into it I think.  Definitely deserves all the 9-10s it's got.
moo.

Bomber Man

I saw a video about it, and it looks fun. The game (as I've seen) has pretty good graphics. The main reason why this game looks fun is because of how many attacks you can use, and the story line looks good too. It would be cool if there were costumes too, but I don't know if there is. Overall the game looks fun, and entertaining.  :)
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

targetrasp

The timing on this one seems like its prime for a Black Friday type of sale. This will be under the Christmas tree with Call of Duty Black Ops 900, Super Ultimate Amazing needs less adjectives Smash Bros. and GTA on Horses. 

BLUEVOODU

@Kinikko LOL...  That sounds about right   ;D   Tell him to Be fair and Share.

@targetrasp you are probably right on that.  It's well deserving of the 9's it received as Kinikko said.  But unless you really want to enjoy the game when everyone else is and can wait ... this holiday will be the time for discounts.

This game is a lot of fun.

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp not exactly... it's more linear than open world.... but within that linear line, you are able to attack and break many world objects.   There are lots of objects to web throw and interact with.  You can basically walk and climb on anything.

Kinikko

Quote from: targetrasp on September 14, 2018, 05:47:06 PM
is it Spider-Man GTA style?

I actually think that's kind of a fair generalized description of it.  You can either do story stuff, just beat up baddies in the streets, do different challenges in the world, or just web swing for hours lol.
moo.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: targetrasp on September 14, 2018, 05:47:06 PM
is it Spider-Man GTA style?

Since the PS1, Spider-Man has always had open world elements. I would say this latest one has the biggest open world in comparison to the past games.

targetrasp

nice, I'm covered up right now and on a Switch kick, but I'll certainly pick this up at some point.

BLUEVOODU

yeah... definitely give it a run.  Spider-Man on the PS4 is a fun game.  Some stuff is repetitive... I figure you would want to know that.  I bet there will be decent deals around Christmas time.