Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Buying from Amazon - Pro Tip - Complete Pre-orders Seperate

Started by BLUEVOODU, September 14, 2018, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

So ... I was sucked into the Shadow of the Tomb Raider game... and bought the Croft Steelbook Edition.  I bought it to get it 2 days early from the normal September 14th Launch date.   I have prime 2 day shipping and ordered it early on the 10th.  I received the game on the 13th - 1st world problems.

I contacted Amazon support because I paid extra for the game to play it early.  They said it's because I also bought coffee.     ???     Items are normally shipped out when they're ready to go and I have Amazon set this way.  For whatever reason, it impacted this shipment. ??? ???

Next time, I will complete the transaction for the game only and buy my other games separately.   IF I have multiple pre-orders, I Will buy eat game independently. 

1st world problems. 

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on September 14, 2018, 10:15:17 AM
I bought it to get it 2 days early from the normal September 14th Launch date.   I have prime 2 day shipping and ordered it early on the 10th.  I received the game on the 13th - 1st world problems.

They actually shipped it early? The normal process is to ship it the day before so that it gets to your door on release day or later. I find this interesting.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth In this particular case, I was supposed to get the game 2 days ahead... not 1.  The Croft Steelbook Edition was launched 9-12-18 and the regular edition was launched 9-14-18.  You paid extra and received the game 2 days early.

In the case of my order... Amazon stated it came "a day late" because I ordered coffee with the game.   I just had to buy coffee.

Grindspine

BLUEVOODU

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on September 17, 2018, 08:54:45 AM
@CreepinDeth In this particular case, I was supposed to get the game 2 days ahead... not 1.  The Croft Steelbook Edition was launched 9-12-18 and the regular edition was launched 9-14-18.  You paid extra and received the game 2 days early.

Ah, that makes sense. I've never heard of that before where a special edition got released first.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on September 19, 2018, 10:05:24 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I've never heard of that before where a special edition got released first.
@CreepinDeth yeah - I'm sure I've seen it in another release.  I want to Say it was a Blizzard game.... but I Cannot recall what it was.  I paid extra to get the game early.  It's very rare though.

SO moral of the story is... do not mix your pre-ordered games with other merchandise LOL.  ;D

Grindspine

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on September 18, 2018, 08:43:19 AM
@Grindspine mmmm old crown.  We need to go soon

I am free today (Sunday) for a drink at OC.  Today is the only day that I have free for at least the next week.