Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

It was bound to happen - PlayStation Classic!

Started by CreepinDeth, September 19, 2018, 10:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

I'm completely uneducated when it comes to retroarch.

When its described as a front end for emulators...

I'm assuming you pick the emulators and it makes things where you don't have to do a bunch of tuning depending on the machine you're installing the emulators on... is that the core concept I glanced over on their website?

CreepinDeth

Indeed it is a front end for common emulators.

You still have to do a moderate amount of tuning since I expect people to have a certain preference on how their games run, but it can play your games "out of the box" with no tweaking either. All you would need to do is set up your controller and make sure that your games are in the right format.

I believe the hacking community is already working on porting retroarch to the PS1 Classic.

targetrasp

8bitdo has a $20.00 Bluetooth adapter that'll not only let you play with wireless controllers but also allow access to an options menu that seems to improve the experience. I haven't played around with it much but you can change it to NTSC as well as add scan lines. Its capable of more but in the five minutes I've played around with it that's what grabbed my attention.

CreepinDeth

I posted this in the Deals section but I'll post it here as well. It has now dropped to $55!

Amazon: PlayStation Classic

BLUEVOODU

Holy Crap... that was fast.   I guess this thing isn't doing as well as they hoped.  Thank you for posting that @CreepinDeth

Even at that price it's not super tempting.   So much potential lost - though...

Creepin - have you played this any more?

CreepinDeth

@BLUEVOODU

Oh, I haven't opened it and don't plan to any time soon. If the price drops even more then I might pick up a second unit to play with.

BLUEVOODU

yeah - I hear you.   I was checking back to see if you changed your mind / stance LOL @CreepinDeth

You know... it would be cool to get an Atari Jaguar Classic... or even a Turbo Grafx/ Duo Classic.  hm... maybe this would be a good topic.