Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Nintendo Switch Online - is now online

Started by BLUEVOODU, September 19, 2018, 11:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Nintendo Switch Online is now online!   Costs are listed here:

Nintendo Switch Online Pricing Plans s- Nintendo.com

What are your thoughts?  I haven't renewed yet but plan to do so.

Post it up!

CreepinDeth

Waiting to hear how the service holds up for the next month or two before I decide. I don't subscribe to PS+ or Xbox Live Gold but this is cheaper so I could be swayed to subscribe.

targetrasp

I watched a few youtube videos that showcased some of it. If they throw out a few more retro games it'd be well worth the price of admission.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth and @targetrasp --> I'm holding off a bit as well.  Killing me with Splatoon2 right now.

FortNite is free to play though - any free to play game seems to be free online as well.

What classics have they included so far?

targetrasp

Balloon Fight
Baseball
Donkey Kong
Double Dragon
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Ghosts'n Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
The Legend of Zelda
Mario Bros.
Pro Wrestling
River City Ransom
Soccer
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
Tennis

BLUEVOODU

Lol ... you know what would be fun? I've hockey online playable with other Nintendo friends. That would be a lot of fun.

targetrasp

YES!

hockey, tennis, baseball - 8 bit online sports would be amazing.

I didn't even think to look if the 2p NES games were capable of being played online... Google here I come

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp Did you find anything on the 2P modes?  I doubt it ... but I'm HOPING It will be awesome and include an online 2P mode.  We need that in some of these games.

I still haven't bought into the Nintendo Switch Online. Maybe I'm being stubborn... idk... it's not a priority yet.  I'm not happy though as I Cannot play Splatoon 2 Online for the Nintendo Switch because I didn't pay for Nintendo Switch Online yet.

Anyone else buy into this?

targetrasp

"Connect with friends online and share your screen for co-op or competitive play. Select a 1- or 2-player mode and go. In single-player games, you can take turns at the controls."

Seems like a simple way to make 2p work, just run it on one system as the game was originally programmed.

Metroid is coming out next month - nothing else looks good to me the rest of the year. I'm still in the hide and watch mode on purchasing.

BLUEVOODU

Now that Super Smash Bros Ultimate is coming out... I will probably buy into this next week.  Anyone else?   It would be cool to get some of our members playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Also, any word of the games included @targetrasp ?  Or ... if they're enhancing the old games?  IE online play.

targetrasp

My attention has been split between Christmas Shopping and EOQ / EOY for work.

I've got tons of vacation i'm trying to burn up before the end of the year, I'm planning at least a few days to coincide with SSBU

BLUEVOODU

So... I bought into this now.

It appears you CAN play online with these games if they have 2 player mode.  You can play 1 player and 2 player locally. Then there's an option for Online... where you can join a friend, leave a game open with pass code or no pass code... or play while you wait for a friend to join.   Now... I haven't been able to figure out where you can see other network games or online games that are open.  So this MIGHT just be locked down to friends - might ... or probably is.

targetrasp

I may wait till Christmas - ssbu just showed up in the mailbox today but i'm hoping to give it as a gift to the kids... but this pending snow storm is gonna leave little to do this weekend

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp Call of Duty: Black Ops 4... and or Titanfall 2.  I'm trying to get @SpartanEvolved to play Titanfall 2 PlayStation 4 as well.

It would definitely be cool to try out the online NES games.  That's a cool feature IMO.