Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Sega Saturn - Do you still have one?

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 14, 2018, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Do you still have a Sega Saturn?  If so... post up! 

What do you still play and is your console still going strong?

BLUEVOODU

I still have one with about 8 games.   I have Knights into Dreams with the 3D controller... and Crusader No Remorse (one of my favorite PC games from a long time ago). I decided to give that game a go on the Saturn... and it was a pretty good port.   PC was definitely better... but the Sega Saturn did a decent job of getting it done.

I've actually been thinking of selling off this lot... not sure if I'm going to... but definitely thinking about it.

retro junkie

You know I do.  :)
This past Christmas is really the first time that I did not pull it out just to play Christmas Knights. Not sure just how many games I have for the system. Have never counted. Not a big collection. Just know I don't have them all. Got most all of the fighting games. Love the two Panzer Dragoons. I hate myself for not getting Panzer Dragoon Saga. I remember it well sitting on the Toys-R-Us shelf. I looked at the Neo Pocket Color then I looked at Panzer Dragoon Saga ($29). Looked back at Neo Pocket Color.
Darius Gaiden, Galactic Attack, In The Hunt, good gaming. Sega Rally Championship and Daytona, my racing fun on the system. X-Men: Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, Virtua Fighters 2, Street Fighter Collection, Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge, my fighters. Knights into Dreams, and Gardian Heroes my main awesome games on the console.  This console was so  8)

Just remembered Whipout on the system. Like this so much better on the Saturn than the Playstation at the time. Mainly because it played better on the Saturn.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

$29 for Panzer Dragoon Saga?!  ah man... I know hindsight is 20/20 lol... but that's crazy to think!   I had a copy when I had the store... don't remember what I sold it for.  If you look on Amazon... you see a ridiculous range of prices.    Panzer Dragoon Saga - Sega Saturn - Amazon.com

Although... I would personally say you made out pretty well with the Neo Geo Pocket Color.  That was a pretty cool handheld.  Crap... just remembered... I need to make sure all the batteries are out of that console as well.  My luck... they already corroded.  There will be a Neo Geo Pocket Color topic... yes.... there will be.

Back to the topic at hand... I also have Tempest 2000 and Megaman X4 on the Sega Saturn.  Both pretty good games.  Though, I do like the Atari Jaguar version of Tempest 2000 better.

targetrasp

I sold my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for $120ish and it was just the discs way back when the gamecube was the newest system out.

I never was really interested in the Saturn. None of the games seemed to age really well. -- matter of fact I can say that about everything Sega.

BLUEVOODU

There were a few good games at least. Mega Man X4 was pretty good.    Tempest 2000 was alright, but the favor rests with the Atari Jaguar version.  That was the best version.

retro junkie

There are those games that actually define a console. The Panzer Dragoon series were part of those games that defined the Saturn and set it apart.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Yeah... it really did.

Now I think I remember...They remade panzer for he Xbox, right?

They are probably due to remake/ remaster the game again.  With..... trophies / achievements.