Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - PlayStation 4

Started by BLUEVOODU, October 12, 2018, 10:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Is anyone getting this?  I think @targetrasp mentioned he was.    From what I've read and heard... the game is multiplayer only. 

I'm looking at picking up Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for the PlayStation 4 tonight.  Not sure though... I really haven't intensely played a Call of Duty since Black Ops.  In fact, Black Ops 3... broke it out twice.   Modern Warfare Remastered - awesome fun... had a lot of fun with this online... but only broke it out a few times.  IT was great with the Christmas themes lol.  WW2 is still sealed.  I bought it with all the intent of playing with @targetrasp  - I bought it because I saw him playing it LOL.   

Blackout Mode looks great - that's the new Battle Royale Mode.  It is interesting Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 delves into Battle Royale mode - It's not surprising but it is interesting.  It shows how much Battle Royale has taken over.  I have bought all Call of Duty games on the Playstation so far.  If you are, what are you looking forward to?

Thoughts?  Comments? post it up!

BLUEVOODU

Holy crap - this game requires 140GB on disk.  I had to remove cod ww2 ...

targetrasp

Picking up a pizza at 715 EST - will be installing and playing after diner is done / game installed.

BLUEVOODU

Nice! 

Well. My installation is under 60GB. Not sure why case said 140GB.

targetrasp

or the kid gets strep and I play nurse all weekend...

BLUEVOODU

lol... Is that what happened?

I ended up playing several hours of Black Out Mode.  It's pretty fun.

targetrasp

the game didn't even make it out of the car...

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp LOL... that's bad.

I've played this game for about 6 hours now.  If I see you online, I'll invite you.  If you don't have it installed yet... throw it in and let it update.  Even with "god" tier Internet, it takes a little bit.

targetrasp

Parker found it and installed it on his PlayStation before I could even mess around with it. He said he liked it but every time I saw him play something it was fortnite.

BLUEVOODU

Lol. So what about you playing it?  @Jack Mentioned on discord he had it. I think @Strubes has it. Not sure about @CreepinDeth though.

It would be cool to get some casual games going. @Frodus mentioned casual is better. Speaking of Frodus, I haven't seen him for awhile.

Either way ..  We could hop on black out squads or something.

targetrasp

Sounds good. I'm taking a chill out weekend. My boss is in Knoxville, the owner of is in Canada, so no one to assign me anything tomorrow. Outside of an emergency I'll be free all weekend.

BLUEVOODU

Have you tried this game yet?  My son and I played a ton of Fort Nite Friday.   

Maybe COD 4 tomorrow.  Though I see your account playing Fort Nite as well lately. lol.   I think you're using your son as a cover  :))

targetrasp

my daughter gets on my ps4 and plays, apparently some boy she likes plays it and she's feigning interest...

20 years ago girls wouldn't have anything to do with video games. if you didn't play football, guitar, have a nice car, or motorcycle... no dorky kids playing video games have girls pertending like they're interested in the game...

I'm officially old.

BLUEVOODU

LOL and eligible.  YOU play VIDEO GAMES... so that means you're now UBER cool  :))

Did you install COD 4?

I played a crap ton of Titanfall 2 on Saturday night - I didn't see you on.  I Think we should try to get @Jack and @Strubes in a game as well

targetrasp

confused...

jack and strubes on COD BOPs4 or Titanfall 2...

I'm still not masochististic enough to play Titanfall.

BLUEVOODU

@Jack and @Strubes on BLOPS4 - Hopefully that's clearer lol.

yeah... Titanfall 2 takes a bit to get used to... but I love the game.  I'm decent at it though.

targetrasp

I just wanted to see if I could get away with using masochistic...

and spell it like it sounds to me..

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on October 30, 2018, 08:59:18 PM
I just wanted to see if I could get away with using masochistic...

and spell it like it sounds to me..
Mishun Accomplished.  ;D

I love Black Ops 4 Free For All and Team Death Match modes as well... they are a lot of fun.   Some of the old maps are included... it's a blast from the past.  It brings a lot of good memories.  I suppose they had to include them for not providing a single player campaign.

You haven't played this one either, have you @targetrasp ? lol

targetrasp

thinking seriously about it ... maybe this weekend?

BLUEVOODU

I saw @Frodus was playing  Call of Duty Black OPs 3 for the PlayStation 4 as well.  If we could get Frodus, @Jack , @SpartanEvolved , Gigasaraurus.... you and I.... that would be a pretty good team of players.

targetrasp

getting people together anymore is difficult.

I'd love to get a big group together

BLUEVOODU

Lol it is. I don't remember having these issues in the past.  Ie with Left for Dead and Left for Dead 2 and what not.  We had a regular crew we could just jump in with.  I'm trying to establish that again. 

Gaming doesn't seem to be the same either. It's more just jump on and play.   Working on it though! 

If we can get @SpartanEvolved to buy in ... we pull in Gigasaurus and work on others lol

targetrasp

L4D2 came out when a good portion of these guys were still in high school / college ... there was no mortgage, wife, kid, exwife, just questionable decisions and trying to scrape up beer and video game money.

BLUEVOODU

True True - though I will say even younger gamers of today play online differently than a decade ago.  It really is interesting to see the differences and how the markets have moved.

I think I'll post this at some point... though I have about 2-3 note book pages of topics right now I need to catch up on LOL...  yeah, I actually write down those topics when I say that.

targetrasp

have we picked up any younger gamers? I thought we just ported everyone over from EGA...

BLUEVOODU

@FJ1X is .... @Bomber Man is ... there are a few others.  @Jack, @mastermario , and @SpartanEvolved are younger as well.  They were younger joining EGA.

Interesting enough.. younger gamers don't seem to discuss games like they used to. DEmographics change... but honestly, I think it will change again.  The current communication methods are not near as effective.  I know Reddit jokes about the old style, but reddit doesn't offer the best format either... it's preference.  Discord and Facebook... you lose a lot in the transition of topics and searching stuff... forget it.  permanence is nothing there... even though the information is there... good luck finding it.

Jack

Yo, I am down to play BO4 if anybody ever wants to on PS4.

BLUEVOODU

@Jack I think @targetrasp is playing right now.

Add me up to PSN: BLUEVOODU.  Targetrasp is targetrasp lol  ;D

Maybe you guys can get @Strubes and others to join as well.  I thought I saw him on Black ops 4 tonight.

BLUEVOODU

@Jack I Think you forgot to add me to PS4  ;D

I Think it's time we get a Black Ops 4 match going.   That ... and we need to play Diablo 3 again.   

@targetrasp I saw you play this the other night... how did you like it?

targetrasp

I downloaded it, forgot about it, then played a game waiting for someone. The first part that downloaded was the fortnite rip-off. I ran around trying to figure out the controls and got wasted by the first person I didn't see.

I absolutely hate the choice not to have some sort of campaign if for no other reason than to get a firm grasp on the controls and an idea of what each gun does without dealing with the annoyance that is getting your head shot off.

I haven't played it since, only for that one game. At some point I'll get back to it, there's just more for me at the moment.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more