Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

School Lunches - Good ones/ Bad ones

Started by Bomber Man, November 05, 2018, 10:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber Man

In school I had good/bad Lunches, mostly good tho. The only bad ones are corn dogs, chicken wrap, and pretzel breaded ham and chez sandwich.

What is your fav/worst school lunches post below  :)
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

targetrasp

It's been so long since I've had a school lunch...

That rectangular pizza they used to serve, covered in ranch, was a staple though, as well as chicken rings and bbq sauce.

I look at my kids school lunch menu now and wonder WTF happened. They get whole grain this, sprouted that, organic this, free range that... My youngest isn't even allowed to take anything nut related to school - there's signs on every door (not even kidding) this is a nut free school. There's less NO GUN signs......

BLUEVOODU

The most awful lunch I remember putting in my mouth was a lunch of Navy Beans at school.  Talk about nasty...  It's still one of the worst things I put in my mouth to this day. This was also at the time when Lunches at the school were pretty good... so they had no excuse on that one.  THANKFULLY they only had that once... and it left a lasting impression for life - impressive.

by far the beef ravioli and awesome home made Pizza.  This is long before the Michelle Obama lunch plan that ruined lunches (good intensions, horrible execution).  The lunch ladies were telling me a couple years back... about 50% of all lunches were being wasted  - so lunch trash and food waste went way up.  Some of the local High schools have ditched the plan... but lunches there are now $4  a pop as a result.  Packing in the best option anymore.

ANYWAY.. the couple food items I mentioned above were home made at the time and were absolutely amazing.  I would get super hungry on the days they served those.  You could just smell the food in the hall.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more