Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

What Game did you buy because you wanted it... and paid top dollar or more?

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 05, 2018, 11:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Whether it's due to low supply,  hard to find, a brand new copy years later,  or you just wanted it and the game cost more at that time ... what have you bought that you paid top dollar for?

Maybe you bought a much more expensive physical copy when the digital copy is $5 cheap.  We've all done it... you know you're guilty lol...  and I'm thinking about a Shmup for the VITA right now.   I'll post up on that in the near future.

Post it up!

targetrasp

Mega Man Legends 2, The Misadventures of Tronn Bonne, and Xenoblade Chronicles at one point was being "scalped" at about $5.00 above what a new one went for. Way back in the day I paid about $60.00 for Panzer Dragoon Saga without the case or the book. Those are the only ones I can think of that I paid a higher price than what they would have costed new (MML2 may have been a bit cheaper, fuzzy memory). There's a ton of games that I've paid close to new prices for but they've been rarer games like Ogre Battle and Conker's Bad Fur Day and have both appreciated since.

BLUEVOODU

I have a few times - mainly because I wanted the physical copies.  So right now, there's this game for the PlayStation VITA - it's a physical copy.  It is harder to find now and so they are charging a pretty penny for it. I almost bought it but then noticed the digital version on the PlayStation shop... for about 1/3 of the price.  Now, I wanted the new physical copy... but after seeing that... a 1st world problems dilemma ensued LOL.

The game is: Soldner X-2: Final Prototype  By EastAsiaSoft - Amazon.com

There was another version... but it's no longer available:
SĂ–LDNER-X 2: FINAL PROTOTYPE - AMAZON EXCLUSIVE (MULTI-LANGUAGE) EDITION for PlayStation Vita PS Vita

I plan to make a couple more topics from this one... one on EastAsiaSoft, Soldner X-2, and a couple others.  They will be linked together.  So I think I'm going to buy the Playstation Store version because I can also use it on PS4 as well.  But I really wanted the physical copy - and I think it's going to be pretty rare in the future.

retro junkie

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on November 06, 2018, 10:11:55 AM
The game is: Soldner X-2: Final Prototype  By EastAsiaSoft - Amazon.com

Why did you show me this game? What is wrong with you? You know I love a good shooter! Now I have a 1st World Problem!
:-\ :-[ :))

I think the only game that caused me to peel off the dough was Bangai-O for the N64. It is almost complete. I don't have the registration cards. I had to have this game. It is the best version of Bangai-O, IMO. Also Last Leigion UX for the N64. I paid a little more for it than I usually do for a game. At the time it was rarely seen up on eBay and it demanded a good price. I paid around $40 dollars for just the cart, which was the cheapest that I had seen in a long time. Now you can find copies for as low as $20. Not sure if they are real or not. The game, you take control of a mech and it reminds me of VIRTUAL-ON. Single player mode is great, but this game really rocks in multi player. And like other fighters, skill plays a big part.
Another game was Sin & Punishment. The name Treasure and the videos I saw of the gameplay told me that it was mine.

espgaluoa 2 black label for the 360. I am a sucker for these types of games. Paid money for this one. And also for Deathsmiles. These are the types of games that made me want a 360.

I know that there have been others, just can't think of them right now.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

LOL... @retro junkie I'm telling you.... I'm having a hard time not buying it.  But just a heads up, you can get the digital complete version of Soldner X-2 for the PlayStation Vita on the PlayStation store for $12.50.  IF you don't care about having the media... it's a good option.   You can play it on the VITA and PlayStation 3 for that price!

I'm going to make a post on that game.

Oh man... Sin and Punishment N64... yup... forgot about that one.  I paid a pretty price for mine.  Same with Bangai-O for the Nintendo 64.  They were definitely worth it though.  I believe they have appreciated now. 

You need to check this out - Another game I'm having a hard time staying away from:
Darius Cozmic Collection - Nintendo Switch

Kinikko

I just recently paid $50 for a complete copy of Digimon World 2 because I had lost my instruction manual and my disc is too damaged to be read now. 
moo.

BLUEVOODU

LOL... exactly.   My Son lost his Animal Crossing DS.  So I bought him another one for Christmas... cart only... from Santa.  Man... I paid $40 cart only for the DS Animal Crossing Wild World.   Insane... yes... but we all had a lot of fun playing it together and going to each other's towns.

BLUEVOODU

I hate to admit it... I paid top dollar for the Gamestop version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Pro... it's the steelbook edition.  I've essentially bought all Steelbooks for all versions of Black Ops.  It wasn't offered for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare... I may have got Modern Warfare 2 with the steelbook.  I have to look.

I know I didn't get Ghost, Inifinite warfare with Modern Warfare 4 remaster, OR advanced warfare with steelbook or hardened versions... also modern warfare 3 was in that list as well - though I'm not sure a steelbook was offered for that title either.

My buddy and I used to play all of these games on PS4... but stopped maybe 6 years ago.

targetrasp

I've had a lot of fun looking for steelbooks. Everytime I'm in Gamestop i'll scan through all the used stuff for shiny cases. I found a $5.00 Watch Dogs for ps4 last time I was in. I've not been lucky enough to find a call of duty yet

targetrasp

I just paid $30 for a game that came out over a year ago and was at its peak $15 digitally. It's a limited run physical release thing and worth it in my mind but only time will tell. See general discussion section for details

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more