Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Darius Cozmic Collection - Nintendo Switch

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 06, 2018, 03:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

So far, this is a Japanese only launch and it looks really cool.  There are 4 games in the standard edition for $50:

• Darius (Arcade)
  • Darius II (Arcade)
  • Sagaia (Arcade) *Darius II Overseas Version
  • Darius Gaiden (Arcade)

And 9 games in the Special Edition $210.

• Darius (Arcade)
  • Darius II (Arade)
  • Sagaia (Arcade) Darius II Overseas Version
  • Darius Gaiden (Arcade)
  • Darius Twin (Super Famicom)
  • Darius Force (Super Famicom)
  • Sagaia (Sega Master System)
  • Darius II (Mega Drive)
  • Darius Alpha (PC Engine)

Darius Cozmic Collection - Play-asia.com

Darius Cozmic Collection (Special Edition) [Limited Edition] - Play-asia.com

Now... the Special Edition is something that peaked my curiosity.  I really want it... but it costs $210 from Play-asia.com as it is.   According to what I read, pricing on it should be 16,800 Yen or $143-145ish depending on currency. 

According to this Limited Run Thread for Darius Cozmic Collection (NSW) and the following twitter post [Preorder] Darius Cozmic Collection back up for preorder... the games are all supposed to be on the Nintendo Switch Cartridge as opposed to download some of them later.  This brings in the speculation that they may not be offered later.

Some people were stating $210 is a good price due to the current cost of those titles... some spike to $100 alone.  I really want this... but $210 is hefty.  It is a really cool collection of games.

What are you thoughts?  Anyone else excited for this title?

targetrasp

If there was a US release at 100 - 150 I think it'd look at it pretty hard.

BLUEVOODU

The problem I'm having with this right now... according to conversion rates and articles I've read, the release is supposed to be around the $142-150 price range.  I probably would be down with that.  But $210 via PLay-Asia...  it's annoying me a little bit.  That's a lot of money.

From what I understand, if you can order is from Amazon Japan
... Nevermind... it's now 34,500 Yen... which is $302.   :o  Why the heck is it $302 in Japan now on Amazon.   It did say it was a prime day collectors edition.  the one linked in my original post was a collectors edition as well.  No other collectors edition was listed on JP Amazon.

Yeah... I'm a little annoying at this one.  I don't really have an extra $210 sitting around right now, so I'll probably pass.   

BLUEVOODU

I'm still annoyed... and it's still the most tempting $210 I've stared down.  But it won't happen.  I simply cannot do it and will let this one go.

I'm with you @targetrasp I really wish there was a US release on this with all the original games released in the special edition.  They wouldn't get away with charging $130-145 here though for this collection.   Maybe $60-75.  Maybe.  It still would be nice.

BLUEVOODU

Well.. @targetrasp ... looks like we should've bought the game lol.  I've seen this upwards $300 now. I don't know if people are actually buying from sellers at that price.  That's the price I've seen lately.

Grindspine

There is nothing quite like shooting giant robotic fish in space!!!!!

BLUEVOODU

LOL ... yeah, we used to play Darius Twin on the Super Nintendo @Grindspine ... that was a pretty good game. 

I really wanted this collection.  I'm regretting not picking it up when it was a little over $100.

BLUEVOODU

Bumping this up... I regret not buying now.  You can still get the 4 game collection for $50 I believe...  but the collectors edition is stupid expensive now

Did anyone else pick this up?  I'm now sure the smaller edition - 4 games for $50 is worth it.  It might not stay at that price for long.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more