Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Dayz Rolls into BETA?! I thought this was forever Alpha

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 10, 2018, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

If anyone played the old Arma 2 Dayz Mod... you probably felt the excitement once Dayz Standalone was announce and then released.   Months and years went by... still in Alpha... adding weapons and miscellaneous items that just didn't make sense or add to the game.  Honestly... I thought this game was going to stay in Alpha and end up being one of the Early Release games that just die.    This game lost all its support and fan base has dwindled.

NOW... on November 7... it's announced that Dayz exits Alpha and enters Beta with a large update:
DayZ finally enters beta and rolls out some early mod tools - steampowered.com

SAY WUT?!??!   This came out of no where... at least for me.  I quit watching releases of Dayz news a long time ago.  Is there hope?  I don't know.  I just re-downloaded the game and I'm going to check it out

Who used to play the Arma 2 Dayz Mod?   Who has trolled around in Dayz Standalone?

Thoughts?  Comments?  Post it up!

targetrasp

I think releasing a game in an alpha or beta and taking years to complete is silly. Very few games have the staying power of a Minecraft or Fortnight. People tend to consume a game and then move on. I think the industry has at least partially realized this and tried to take advantage with the season passes. Who's going to go back 8 months later and buy a dlc when they've already started playing the next best thing? Offering the season pass up front means they've got their money weither the people have moved from one game to the next or not. DayZ was great but, at least for me, it's time has long passed.

BLUEVOODU

I hear you... I Thought I was the last person to keep an eye on it.  I probably forgot about it now for over 1 year.     Hate to say it... it's exiting to see it in Beta now LOL  ;D

I'm going to give it a little run for its money.  It would be cool to see the new features.

BLUEVOODU

I Thought they already did base building... but I guess the introduction to base building is in Beta now... along with vehicles... which were there a long time ago, but removed lol.

Hey @SpartanEvolved   ;D

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more