Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

FortNite Cross Play works well Now

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 10, 2018, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

As mentioned in the FortNite PS4 - How many of you play? topic... Cross play has been working well lately.

We have now tested... PlayStation 4 playing with Cell Phone, Switch, AND Xbox One.  They all work together.  FortNite is not my favorite game... but it is fun to get a squad together here and there to play.  It's interesting that so many platforms play well together.  Honestly... this should be how gaming comes together online.

Also, since Nintendo Switch Online is active... you do not have to pay for Nintendo Switch online to play FortNite online on the Switch.   FYI.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Post it up!

Bomber Man

I really like now that fortnite has cross play on PS4, but does that mean other games on PS4 could have cross play? The world may never know.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Bomber Man on November 13, 2018, 08:58:58 PM
I really like now that fortnite has cross play on PS4, but does that mean other games on PS4 could have cross play? The world may never know.
well... Probably not.  For a Short time, Steam integrated Portal 2 with Steam and PlayStation 3.  They could've done A LOT more... maybe another topic another time.  While this connectivity still works for Portal 2, they just didn't keep it utilize it for other titles. 

The partnership could've went very far... Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead, Alien Swarm, and many other titles could've had cross play capabilities and extended the user base.

Grindspine

My nephew has gotten me to play Fortnite with him a few times while I was on PC with the Epic Games Launcher and he was on Xbone.  It was pretty fluid overall.

Anyone know if the Unreal alpha (also on Epic Games) is cross play compatible?

BLUEVOODU

@Grindspine we should get the 4 of us to play at some point.  That would be fun.  We have 1 switch and 1 PS4 we play on... we could join up with you.

As far as Unreal... I'm not sure.  I still want to try that.  I Think we need a topic on it.  More games need to do what FortNite has done in the way of Crossplay.  It's how this should be done.