Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Mega Man 11

Started by targetrasp, November 11, 2018, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

I've never been able to attach a reason as to why the last few decades of mega man games didn't appeal to me but they didn't, and a large chunk of the blue bomber's fan base agreed. It looks like with 11 Capcom may have just righted the ship.

The difficulty is on par with a NES platformer, and it can be turned up to pretty freakin' hard if you're a massochist. Every jump seems like it's just within Mega Man's range, every enemy is placed in the most annoying spots, and even the mid level bosses tend to kill you a lot before you get the timing down, or even figure out how to hurt them. Ditto for boss fights.

In what seems to be an attempt to make up for the difficulty, Capcom has introduced (they may have done this before, just not in any mm game i've played) Dr. Light's shop. As you get your blue butt handed to you over and over again, you're amassing parts from random enemy drops. This are used as currency to buy upgrades and one time use items. Burning through a stack of five lives seems to get me anywhere from 150 - 500 units of currency which can purchase a lot. If you've not broken your controller (my ps4 controller is not chipped from being thrown on the floor) after a couple of stacks of lives, you've earned enough money to buy something that helps.

This game is currently on sale brand new for 19.99 with a game stop rewards card during their pro day promotion. Its frustrating, especially if your home theater set up causes video game input to be off by any amount, but it's a solid game that early mm fans would likely enjoy.

BLUEVOODU

@MegaDrive20XX told me about this one a few months back.  I have yet to try it... but he was pretty excited for it.   I like the sound of your initial play through.   Is it still holding up?

This game is on my radar and is definitely tempting.  I think I'm a bit more tempted to buy it on the Nintendo Switch right now due to portability.

targetrasp

if I had it to do over again i'd get it for the switch.

I've been so spread out I've not focused down on it anymore.

I'm picking up these games as I'm Christmas shopping. I'll get all this crap for the family, or kids, or whatever, and grab something for me on a whim. Its been a weekly thing for a while now that really needs to stop, but I've not been able to control it.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more