Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: Super Hydorah for the Playstation 4 and Vita  (Read 70 times)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Pulstar
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
Super Hydorah for the Playstation 4 and Vita
« on: November 12, 2018, 09:06:42 PM »
I ended up buying this game for the PlayStation 4 and Vita from the PlayStation Store.  I wanted the physical copy, but it was more than I wanted to spend.  There are a couple versions of the game for sale:

Super Hydorah Limited Classic Edition - Playstation 4 (Limited Run Games) - Amazon.com
  • Limited to 2,000 copies available worldwide. Region free.
  • Includes game and SNES-inspired outer box, CD soundtrack, and 18 x 24 inch fold-out poster.

Super Hydorah - Playstation 4 (Limited Run Games) - amazon.com

Super Hydorah Limited Run #149 -PS Vita - Amazon.com

This game is quite a bit like Gradius Galaxies - for the GBA I think it is.  The 1st few waves of enemies are almost identical.  Muscle memory kicked in … it was weird. Reminded me exactly of Gradius…. but other parts of the game are 100% unique.  I posted this somewhere on a steam comment as well.

Here is the steam store link:
Super Hydorah - store.steampowered.com

Also, here's the Abylight Studios link:
Super Hydorah - abylight.com

If you're a Shmup fan, this game is worth a try.  I Think I bought it on PlayStation Network for $12 something... I Could be wrong on that.  I don't normally see it under $20.  Obviously you'll have to pay upwards $60-100 for physical copies... and the Super Nintendo Box version looks pretty cool.  I'm definitely a Shmup fan... and the Gradius style is a lot of fun.  The weapons system is different.  There are a lot of other differences as well - and enough to keep any Shmup fan interested for a long time.  I hope they keep making more titles like this.  It seems we have had a resurgence of Shmup titles.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Post it up!

None of these links go to our site's credit.  If you purchase, please use the ads above.