Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Super Hydorah for the Playstation 4 and Vita

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 12, 2018, 09:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I ended up buying this game for the PlayStation 4 and Vita from the PlayStation Store.  I wanted the physical copy, but it was more than I wanted to spend.  There are a couple versions of the game for sale:

Super Hydorah Limited Classic Edition - Playstation 4 (Limited Run Games) - Amazon.com

• Limited to 2,000 copies available worldwide. Region free.
  • Includes game and SNES-inspired outer box, CD soundtrack, and 18 x 24 inch fold-out poster.

Super Hydorah - Playstation 4 (Limited Run Games) - amazon.com

Super Hydorah Limited Run #149 -PS Vita - Amazon.com

This game is quite a bit like Gradius Galaxies - for the GBA I think it is.  The 1st few waves of enemies are almost identical.  Muscle memory kicked in ... it was weird. Reminded me exactly of Gradius.... but other parts of the game are 100% unique.  I posted this somewhere on a steam comment as well.

Here is the steam store link:
Super Hydorah - store.steampowered.com

Also, here's the Abylight Studios link:
Super Hydorah - abylight.com

If you're a Shmup fan, this game is worth a try.  I Think I bought it on PlayStation Network for $12 something... I Could be wrong on that.  I don't normally see it under $20.  Obviously you'll have to pay upwards $60-100 for physical copies... and the Super Nintendo Box version looks pretty cool.  I'm definitely a Shmup fan... and the Gradius style is a lot of fun.  The weapons system is different.  There are a lot of other differences as well - and enough to keep any Shmup fan interested for a long time.  I hope they keep making more titles like this.  It seems we have had a resurgence of Shmup titles.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Post it up!

None of these links go to our site's credit.  If you purchase, please use the ads above.