Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Pokémon Go! Revisited

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 14, 2018, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

A couple years ago, Pokémon Go arrived and everyone was addicted.  It was one of the most popular Cell Phone / mobile games.  At the time, the game caught 5 new world records - Pokémon Go - Guiness Book of World Records.  Gamers were walking about trying to find the Pokémon around the street... and capture them.   Pokémon Go came and went... the game died off quickly after a series of updates that were seemingly unpopular.  However, it appears gamers are talking about this game again.

If I remember correctly, @Mai Valentine and @Kinikko used to play.  Does anyone else currently play or have you recently got back into the game?   Does this game and style of game still appeal to anyone?

Comments?  Thoughts?  Post it up!

targetrasp

Doesn't the Pokémon Let's Go pokeball work with pokemon go? haven't they got some sort of interconnectivity going on?

BLUEVOODU

That I have not seen... BUT... I checked it out.  It appears you are 100% correct:

Grab a Poké Ball™ and begin your journey - pokeballplus.nintendo.com

Per the Website:

• Take your Pokémon wherever you go - Take your Pokémon for a stroll in your Poké Ball Plus out in the real world.  When you're out and about, you can gently shake your Poké Ball Plus and the Pokémon inside will make a sound* and the Poké Ball Plus will vibrate.
  • Search for Pokémon without looking at your smartphone -  Play Pokémon GO without checking your smartphone screen. When a Pokémon appears nearby, Poké Ball Plus will light up and vibrate. A simple button press lets you throw a virtual Poké Ball, and different LED light patterns will let you know if you've caught the Pokémon.  As long as your Poké Ball Plus is connected to your smartphone and the Pokémon GO app, it will also count your steps so you can hatch Eggs and get Candy for your Buddy Pokémon.

There is a device compatibility list at the Official Pokémon Go Website.

I must admit, This is some what of a cool feature.

Mai Valentine

I don't play much but that's mostly because you get more out of it if you do a lot of walking. I play it a lot when I'm at conventions, but day to day life doesn't really give me much opportunity. I could probably walk around at work, but there's no Pokestops nearby so I would eventually run out of Pokeballs.

BLUEVOODU

lol that sucks... how far away are Pokestops for you @Mai Valentine ?

We used to have something in between 2 neighbors houses.. I guess it was a super powerful or awesome Pokémon...  everyone would stop there and try to get it.