Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Gris - Nintendo Switch - Launches December 13th

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 14, 2018, 11:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I noticed this on Nintendo's site.   Gris - Indie game... and it looks really interesting and good.  The sound is awesome (in the trailer)... and are is very cool.  Hopefully the game play in actuality is as awesome as it looks:
Gorgeous indie game GRIS launches for Nintendo Switch on Dec. 13 - Nintendo.com

Check this trailer out... it looks really good!  While I do not know a lot about the story of this game, I'd like to try it out and learn a bit more.  Again... that Art style... and music...

Thoughts?  Comments?  Post it up!

targetrasp

I feel cheated, I read the game title as GIRLS...

BLUEVOODU

LOL @targetrasp  :))

No... GRIS - Did you check this out?

I figured this would be something that @Grindspine would dig a lot as well.  It's should be up his alley art wise.

targetrasp

These artsy games seem like something I'm supposed to like because I'm grown up, and supposed to have refined tastes, and understand the emotion and all that other puke that the artist is trying to convey. When dissected, these artsy games it all boil down to mediocre game play wrapped up in a story or trippy visuals.

Games, beer, Movies, coffee, food; all have this artsy, indie side that I'm always shamed into trying. In Asheville I could hit a brewery a day and not go to the same on in a month. Out of all the crap they offer there may be one or two beers that I really enjoy, but the same thing can be said for bud light, corona, guiness, shocktop, blue moon, etc. etc.

I guess what i'm trying to say is these games (and beers, and foods) are neat distractions but its hard to beat PBR, Pizza, and Zelda.

BLUEVOODU

Yeah... I'm hoping this game is better than a neat distraction.  THOUGH... I haven't bought it yet.  I totally understand what you're saying.   Certain beers were all the rage at work, people talking about the newest beer from x company.  "Have you tried it?"  "No... not yet."  "OH... you need to though you can only get 1 bottle per month from this exclusive liquor store."  As far as coffee - Our local Old Crown is the real deal.   I should send you some Espresso 101 sometime.

I think the game looks cool from what I've seen.  IF I pick It up, I'll try to post up a review.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more