Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals are Upon US! 2018

Started by BLUEVOODU, November 17, 2018, 11:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

While I haven't found great deals yet - mostly subpar so far...  Please Share up your deals that you find so that we may partake!  Be awesome to your fellow gamer and share  ;D

If I find anything awesome, I will be posting them up as well.

Create new threads for the deals.  POst it up!

targetrasp

I've not seen a lot of hype this year. I think that the economy could actually be too good, in that there's just not as much need to encourage spending. I think there'll be a lot of smoke and mirrors.

What does go on sale will be things like last quarters games, old or sub par tv models, holiday stuff,etc... While there's hardly a need to encourage spending, there is a need to clear out "dated" or slow moving product.

I'm praying i'm wrong

retro junkie

My Family usually don't venture out into the Black Friday madness. My Daughter and I wait until about noon and then we hit up Walmart looking for DVD and Blu-ray deals. That is about all of the participation we do. We have really gotten all of our Christmas shopping done at this point every year. As for games, I'm retro.  8)

But I do agree that things have been rather quite with not the excessive hype as usual.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp  - I don't know... it's good, but we know when we have several years of good... bad will be on the way at some point. My guess is with the split of Government powers, we will see headwinds on the business side... and the tail winds will stop.  Not saying that's 100% certain, but I THINK we will see that.    Plus ... we've been heated for awhile now.

I hope that's not the case either... but then again... I don't need to spend money this year.  It needs to go to other stuff.

@retro junkie I hear you... @mastermario , @Grindspine , @SpartanEvolved , and I would go deal shopping here and there.  We used to have a Thanksgiving LAN... but haven't done that in about 4 years (I think).  On the last year we did that... everything was different.  There were NO DEALS at midnight. All of them were done.  SUCKED.  The odd thing too... EVERYTHING was open.  Just 1 year before that (and all previous years)... EVERYTHING was closed until Midnight.  Restaurants and everything.    We used to go to this 1 Pizza shop that was open ... it had to had been from 2008-2014 because nothing else was open LOL.    Times have definitely changed rapidly.  That also came back to bite stores as they didn't sell stuff as well with their new schedules and the frenzy was gone.

targetrasp

There's some ok pre black Friday deals going on. I got this kids headsets for 25 each at bestbuy, got overwatch and farcry 5 for 19.99 each. 12 months of ps+ for 39.99...

Still nothing huge, even the pre-black Friday ads aren't insane, maybe amazon will blow us away...

BLUEVOODU

Post Up Overwatch in a new thread @targetrasp  - we need this posted.  Where did you get it?  I want to partake.

BLUEVOODU

PS4 and XBox One are not compatible with PC , right?

retro junkie

So you can get Overwatch with or without bonus content?  :-\

Good price. Tempting, very tempting. But I don't like first person stuff.
there is no spoon