Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: The Chickendinnergaming.com Metal Thread!  (Read 56 times)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Marco
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
The Chickendinnergaming.com Metal Thread!
« on: November 17, 2018, 01:24:29 PM »
OK - Looks like I'm starting it up!    This is the chickendinnergaming.com Metal Thread!   We mentioned Creating this in the Roms, Emulation, and Nintendo topic.

@targetrasp @CreepinDeth @Grindspine - let's kick it off!  Not exactly sure where the topic will go.. but steer ahead!

I've been listing to Megadeth, Fear Factory, and Unearth a lot lately.     

Offline targetrasp

• Sam Fisher
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
Re: The Chickendinnergaming.com Metal Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 05:17:42 PM »
Fear Factory - good stuff

Tony Campos has been in so many hard rock / metal bands that I really liked - Ministry, Fear Factory, Static-X, Soulfly…

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Marco
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 09:54:55 AM »
Fear factory demanufactered is still one of my favorite cds. That and Megadeth Rust in Peace... hanger 18 and tornado of souls keeps getting better and better

Speaking of metal thread , allow me to break the ice!  (Crazy song but love the last 40 seconds)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Marco
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 09:32:21 PM »
Alrrrigghttt.... everybody Chill! lol.  No takers for Austrian Death Machine?

Offline targetrasp

• Sam Fisher
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 09:58:16 PM »
Metal is a lot like pizza for me. It's all good, or at least tolerable (looking at you Little Ceasears) but few really stand out. Austrian Death Machine isn't something i'd rattle off as a stand-out but I wouldn't turn it off.

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Marco
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 10:12:33 PM »
LOL... I hear you... I used to like AS I Lay Dying a lot until the singer was convicted for trying to setup a deal to kill his wife.  I still like the music a bit... but it killed it for me.    Austrian Death Machine is essentially As I Lay Dying plus Guests.. and Arnold Schwarzenegger... and songs about all his movies.  Pretty funny... pretty good music.   ;D

What have you been listening to lately?

@Grindspine  @CreepinDeth What about you?

Offline CreepinDeth

• Inkling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 05:39:18 PM »
I've been listening to Metallica's ...And Justice For All album since it was recently re-released.

Mainly just been sticking to the classic's lately like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest & Ozzy. I haven't been able to get into a lot of the metal bands that have come out in the last decade but I'll have to check them out a bit more. Need to broaden my horizons.

Offline targetrasp

• Sam Fisher
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 08:54:24 PM »
Slipknot and Five Finger Death Punch are probably the most successful metal bands in the last two decades, make a great starting point.

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Marco
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 09:57:25 PM »
I've been listening to Metallica's ...And Justice For All album since it was recently re-released.

Mainly just been sticking to the classic's lately like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest & Ozzy. I haven't been able to get into a lot of the metal bands that have come out in the last decade but I'll have to check them out a bit more. Need to broaden my horizons.
man... I love Shortest Straw... that's still one of my favorite songs. I have not heard the re-release.... I take it was remastered as well?

There are a lot of newer bands to try.  Trivium is a great one to get into if you like Metallica - they are definitely heavier though and rotate between clean singing and growling.  Shogun, In waves, Vengence Falls, and Ascendancy are perfect places to start.  I like their tempo.

Unearth is a band @Grindspine introduced me to a few years ago.  III: In the eyes of Fire, Darkness in the Light, The March, and the Oncoming storm are great places to start.  Watchers of rule is ok.  It's growly... but I like it... and it's another where I like the tempo.