Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Nintendo Switch Post Launch Topic

Started by BLUEVOODU, December 07, 2018, 06:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

OK ... we've had several topics on Super Smash Bros Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch.   I picked it up and we have it installed and are playing it.  It's super fast and super slick.  Some of the controls with the 2 controllers separate from the console can be a little hard to get used to.  I want to try out the pro controller to see if it's a lot better.

The following is really cool:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Once you beat classic mode, you play a SHMUP to shoot all the credits.  You know from original games, you would "beat up" the credits ...etc... well now you play a SHMUP lol. 

It's pretty fun!

You only start with 8 characters... so you will have to earn / buy all those characters!  There are a ton of them - 74-76 of them depending on how you count them.

Who picked theirs up?  We should get CDG members together to play this.  Post it up!

Other Super Smash Bros Ultimate Topics:
Smash Bros Ultimate - Secret
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

targetrasp

got it, not sure if its staying sealed till Christmas... talk me into opening it sooner, I can get the kids something else!

BLUEVOODU

Do it... do it NAAooww!   You know... you could just wait and curl up into the fetal position in a corner of the room.... rocking back and forth until Christmas  ;D

@Kinikko  @Jack ... and @CreepinDeth did you all get title as well?   I would best @MegaDrive20XX did as well. Who else picked up Super Smash Bros Ultimate?

Kinikko

I've been playing all day. I don't have online but I do really like the adventure mode. Idk how you could even try to play it with a single joycon o.O but I do have the pro controller and it controls very well.
moo.

BLUEVOODU

I'm using. 2 joycons... one in each hand. But it's a bit rough for some reason.  It's like my brain has to relearn playing but I don't understand why. It shouldn't be a problem.

I just earned simon Belmont.   I think we have 22 new characters now. We played it for 5 hours straight now lol.

How far along are you kinikko?

Jack

I actually worked the 11 pm launch for my store. After it was over, I took my copy home and immediately starting playing it. I've since sunk about 12 hours into it and am only missing a few characters to unlock. I'm about as addicted to this game as I thought I would be, it's just so damn amazing. I didn't really play Smash 4 too much so I'm not even recognizing a lot of the shared assets, it feels like a completely new game to me. It feels a lot punchier and well polished, like they fixed just about everything that everybody wanted fixed in previous Smash titles.

So far I have been really enjoying using Ganondorf, Simon, Ike, Ryu/Ken, Ridley, Bowser, King K Rool, and Snake. I've been messing around with other characters too as I figure out who I want to mainly focus on. REALLY looking forward to unlocking Mewtwo. I'm taking a small break atm but I'm about to hop right back in. I feel like a kid again with a new smash game unlocking 60+ characters. It's a great time to be alive.

CreepinDeth

I'm going to pick it up but probably after Christmas. I have way too many games I need to get through at the moment.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: CreepinDeth on December 08, 2018, 01:39:04 AM
I'm going to pick it up but probably after Christmas. I have way too many games I need to get through at the moment.
I hear you @CreepinDeth There are so many games... and I still have a ton of games to catch up on... plus I'm still really enjoying Titanfall 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Mode for  the Playstation 4.

We played a lot of Super Smash bros this weekend, @Jack ... a lot.  I'm finally getting the hang of the split controllers (1 in each hand)... though I Will say a pro controller is probably the best way to go.  You definitely have more characters than we do.  I Think we are now in the low 50's.  The game is a blast.  We need to get ChickenDinnerGaming.com members playing.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth did you end up picking this up?

@Mai Valentine @Kinikko @Jack  - are you still having online issues?   I noticed it was lagging again when my son was playing it the other night.  The lag hit almost every match.  I have to be honest, it's a bit frustrating to pay for Nintendo Online ... and it's laggy.   We don't see a lot of lag in Splatoon 2... so maybe this is impacting Super Smash Bros. Ultimate... idk... hopefully they fix it though if it can be fixed.

CreepinDeth

@BLUEVOODU

Nah, I haven't picked it up yet. Not sure when to be honest. It's not at at the top of my list of purchases for the year. I'll definitely let you know if I do.