Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

iPhone 10th Year Anniversary Revisited

Started by BLUEVOODU, December 10, 2018, 05:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

So this was last year... and I ran across a couple cool Youtube videos.

The below video is from the iPhone launch Video... it's interesting how they made a physical keyboard look like such a bad thing... keep this in mind for later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7qPAY9JqE4

CNN Released a 10 years Later iPhone Video.  I Don't like a lot of CNN articles/news these days (this is coming from someone that grew up with CNN Headline News)... but this was definitely a good video lol.  I LOVE the reactions of the Senior engineer and how he HONESTLY talks about the iPhone and issues.  These are the things you don't see in the 1st video I linked from 2007... what a sales job Steve Jobs did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfXuxiO_Iqg

Such a crazy thing... based off this... the keyboard on Cell phones died.  It also changed the perceptions of all people (especially younger generations) that keyboards meant "Out of date" technology... no matter how inaccurate the touch screen is. 

To this day, I think Apple and IOS has the best touch screen, most accurate, and the amount of incorrect corrections are minimized.   Android... I'm still having some troubles in this area and I'm looking for ways to operate with autocorrect  / prediction off.   These are things you didn't have to worry about as much.    Though I do not agree with Jobs on the rest of the smart phones being dumb lol.   But that was the right plat at the right time...  good play sir... good play.

Blackberry proceeded to miscalculate the importance of apps.  Palm Died.  The remainder of the cell phone market was thrown up in the air.  Now at the other end of the spectrum... Apple is facing increased competition with Android.  Android has technically taken over the market.

I wrote a small review on the BlackBerry Touch from this year.  It's actually a pretty decent phone.  I don't think it will persuade many people, but it's android based.  It's not the most powerful phone out there but comes with many of the BlackBerry tools / software people have grown to love.

Post up your thoughts and comments... It's pretty cool to go back and review these events.

retro junkie

My work cell phone is an iphone 5c. I liked it so much that I got iphone 4s that were unlocked so I could use a trackfone sim card. I got one for my Wife and Daughter. I am paying $15 a month for each phone. We had LG trackfones before and the minutes we had on those transfered over giving an unreal amount of internet time. The LGs did not have internet but it somehow calculated the time to the minutes we had built up, crazy. I really like the iphone better than the LG phones we were using. Maybe the LG being trackfone specific, locked, might had something to do with their performance, don't know. Just glad to be rid of them. I never liked android on a tablet, too many nightmares. I know one of my sisters, along with her family, switched to iphones and was glad to be free of android. Same with some fellow workers. Android is so unstable and quirky.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

I use an iPhone 7 for work - that's what they gave us.  I generally trade up every 2-3 years ... so I've had it since the launch.  So far... it's far superior in touch screen and typing. Processing Power is about on par with most Android phones in what I notice for apps and tasks.  I hate to say it's more stable, but it tends to be.. the apps on both iPhone and Android perform about the same... with some crashing on each OS.

The touch screen on the iPhone really performs well... accuracy for typing is better IMO... and I've put a ton of hours on many different types of phones.  I Don't think I'm biased... I've used iPhone for work since 2010... before that, we used Palm.  Personally I used Blackberry since 2007-2008... after using Palm... and then using Android exclusively for about the last 2 years.