Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

What Current OS Are you Running?

Started by BLUEVOODU, September 09, 2018, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polygon

Everything save for the two old systems are running Win 10. The older two are running 3.11 and Win 98.

retro junkie

Quote from: Polygon on November 30, 2018, 04:41:16 PM
Everything save for the two old systems are running Win 10. The older two are running 3.11 and Win 98.
Whoa, I haven't seen Win 3.11 in a long time. I used to have it on floppies. Probably still do somewhere.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@Polygon LOL... 3.11 ??  really?  That's pretty cool.  Hopefully not connected to Internet lol.  I haven't messed around with that OS in so long... probably since Windows 95.    So... what do you still do with a Windows 3.11 pc?

Polygon

Yep, I use them to play older PC games. The one with 3.11 was my first computer. I always thought it was a pile of crap growing up, but it still runs perfect. And yeah, both are isolated from my network, let alone the internet. ;)

BLUEVOODU

That's cool - There are a couple games that ran pretty well back then in that mode in which emulators today haven't been able to replicate well.

Terminal Velocity comes to mind.   So Does Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret.  Origin had good versions of those that were pretty true to the original.   There was another, but I cannot remember the name.

Doom and Doom 2... these games had better turning and speed / motion before the Windows 95 Launcher.  People think I'm crazy, but I used to play the Dos based versions a lot.  I noticed a big different.  I would love to have found 4 Pentium PCs from the older spec and setup a LAN.