Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Limited Run Games

Started by targetrasp, December 18, 2018, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

targetrasp

Has anyone ever heard of these guys?

I picked up a physical copy of golf story without looking at the price. I flipped when it rang up for twice what I sold digitally but got it anyway. When I went home and opened it I found INSTRUCTIONS?! Extra $15 well spent!

Sarcasm aside, I like what this company is doing. I started looking through their catalog (of course it's all sold out and being scalped heavily on eBay and Amazon but they're taking those cult classic game snob kind of games and putting out limited edition physical copies. Right now their version of Night Trap for the Switch is being sold for $90...

Their library is a little strange but some of it is iconic. It looks like they're going to do a limited release of Windjammers next.

Collectible wise these guys may be worth keeping an eye on, I've signed up for their newsletter and I think I'm going to try to get a copy of that Windjammers!

Check out their website and tell me what you think. https://limitedrungames.com/

CreepinDeth

I've thought about picking one or two up but I never got the impulse to pull the trigger. It's a neat idea though and I'm glad someone is doing it.

This is probably where the industry is going. Digital is going to take over and only a handful of physical copies will go around for those hardcore purists.

targetrasp

I'm going to keep an eye out for games that I really enjoyed. Their library has some indie stand-outs and cult classics BUT Golf Story is the first that I would actually enjoy playing, especially for the jacked up price. Saturday Morning RPG and Organ Trail were kinda fun for a few bucks on steam but not $30+ worth. I think Windjammers may be next.

@BLUEVOODU they've got VITA stuff, and you're the only Vita player I know.

retro junkie

there is no spoon

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie LOL... man... I about did a spit take with that image.  Good stuff.  ;D

@targetrasp you bet I've looked into these.  I'll look for the topic here and link it at some point.. but I made a topic about one of them I wanted.  They also had Dariusburst CS physical copy that I wanted. I really wanted that Limited Run version of the game.   

@CreepinDeth - you are right... Digital has been slowly taking, but there probably will always be a market for stuff like this.  It's interesting in how other pro-physical copy gamers have now turned to digital only... partly because they do not have to store games. 

I Think @Snatcher_L also kept an eye on Limited Run Game - is that right, Snatcher?

targetrasp

I must have missed it. What about a Snatcher Limited Run....

BLUEVOODU

Yeah.... I really wanted the DariusBurst CS Limited Run game.  Something Fierce too.. but by the time I found it, it was $75+ ... Meh  :o