Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

The Gift of Gaming - 2018

Started by BLUEVOODU, December 25, 2018, 04:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Alright!  Merry Christmas  ;D and With this time... come the gifts of gaming.  This can be gifts given to you... OR to yourself lol.

This is the post your gaming Gifts thread...  Post It up!

retro junkie

Okay......my game related gifts that I received this Christmas. My Wife gave me the DSi "Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary" Edition. It is in mint condition. Totally elated over this item. I am almost positive it was owned by a girl. They take better care of their stuff than us guys. LOL The boxes on the right are reproduction plastic cases for my games. I am wanting cases like this for some of my favorite games. Slowly collecting. Adds a little class to those games I pick up that do not have the original boxes. Plus I love it.

Umm.... the DS game, is a multicart. I got two of these, one has 208 games and the other has 468 ds games. All ds games. Between the two, there are repeats, so I am thinking close to 500 games. There is shovelware mixed with the great stuff. Typical China piracy from ebay.  ??? But enjoyable. It was a gift. 

What I picked up for myself, LOL The NES cart is totally mind blowing. It is the "Super Mario Bros. 3 Mix." Someone broke the base code of the SMB 3 game, and then found out what everything was, rewrote the whole game. It contains worlds from every Mario game made plus the outfits. Even the graphics have been upgraded. This is so good that Nintendo needs to hire this guy. Best hack and homebrew that I have played, period. Got this out of my mailbox on Christmas eve. Winning,  ;)
The PSP games are from the PSP in Japan. Some great games that leave me scratching my head as to why these were not released here in the US.

there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

OOO... NICE @retro junkie What a stash!   White Knight Chronicles is awesome!   Your 25th Anniversary DSi ... keep that... that will be awesome.  My Kids have those (bought for them in 2010)... and they still play them from time to time.  It was a very cool system.

I heard Lunar is cool... I am curious on your thoughts once you get to play it.

There are 0 memories of Killer Instinct for the Game Boy...  say what?!   Gradius 3... Snes... So Nice.. So so nice.    I don't remember how Street Fighter Alpha 2 Played for the Snes... how is that as well?

retro junkie

Time & Eternity was $19, everything else was $1 to $8. Most under $5. The PSP games were $1.15 each with a couple dollars shipping. White Knight was $3.65.

The Street Fighter Alpha 2 is a plastic reproduction box for my game. But my opinion on the game, mine being the Super Famicom version SF Alpha Zero 2, is that I think it is the best version of Street Fighter on the console. I have read that many thought it was awful.  Not sure if the Japanese version is better, but I have no problem with any of the gameplay. It is awesome to me to be able to play a game like this on the SNES. To me, it is my go to SNES fighter. It is one of those games that I will pick up and play weekends, Holidays, and during my retro marathons.

I am a Lunar fan, have both releases for my Playstation 1. Also have one for the GBA. So I will give you my thoughts once I start fiddling with it.
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Ended up getting God of War and Shadow of the Colossus on PS4. Might go through GoW after I finish Spider-Man.