Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Game of the Year (GOTY) - 2018 ?

Started by BLUEVOODU, December 26, 2018, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

2018 was a very active year for Video Games... there were many awesome titles launched. 

Of the games released... what were your favorites?  What do you think scored the prestigious Game of the Year (GOTY) for 2018?

Thoughts? Comments?  Post it up!

CreepinDeth

I haven't played many 2018 specific games other than Spider-Man. So I guess that's my pick.  :))

BLUEVOODU

I'm starting to think others didn't as well lol  ;D

Any thoughts @Aya-Kun @Jack @Mai Valentine @Kinikko ?

targetrasp

I've got monster hunter, farcry, black ops 4, god of war, and Spider-Man and outside of Spider-Man I've not put an hour among the rest. God of War, Farcry 5 and Spider-Man were all Christmas purchases that I've not gotten around to but there's no excuse for blops and monster hunter. I'd say throw Red Dead in there and I'd have the front runners , but I probably wont be able to comment until 2020!

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp let's duo in Black Out mode in Blops 4... this Saturday... or Titanfall 2.

As far as my GOTY... I have to say it's probably going to be Spiderman, thought it is a shorter game.  It doesn't mean I agree that it is... but it probably will be.  I don't think there's enough in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 to get it.  I love the game.  I don't think there's enough to make it GOTY (any Battle Royale game for that manner).

Shadow of the Tomb Raider was cool... but I'm not sure there was enough there either.  Fall out 76 won't get it.  I Cannot say anything about Red Dead Redemption 2. 

Super Smash Bros has a major chance for it... but not sure it came out early enough.

Jack

I know I'm late to this, but God of War was single handedly my favorite title this past year. The series needed to reinvent itself... the combat and story were getting repetitive. This game delivered on all fronts. It lived up to the hype and even more. I couldn't think of anything they could have done better! Cory Barlog and his team are nothing short of video game geniuses. The nods to all the previous lore in the games was SO amazing for all the fans who have played all the games. The new combat system was perfect, it promoted a more skill based approach with a skill tree and everything. It had a gear system which was a completely element for God of War. The story telling was phenomenal, the soundtrack was flawless.... I really could go on for hours about how much I love the new God of War.

Smash Brothers Ultimate is amazing as well, but I don't even really want to count it as a 2018 game since it released in the very last month. The game is just beginning really, 2019 will be the year that Smash Bros REALLY shines, IMO.   

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more