Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: Game of the Year (GOTY) - 2018 ?  (Read 29 times)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Marco
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
Game of the Year (GOTY) - 2018 ?
« on: December 26, 2018, 05:36:02 PM »
2018 was a very active year for Video Games... there were many awesome titles launched. 

Of the games released... what were your favorites?  What do you think scored the prestigious Game of the Year (GOTY) for 2018?

Thoughts? Comments?  Post it up!

Offline CreepinDeth

• Gears of War
    • View Profile
Re: Game of the Year (GOTY) - 2018 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 01:39:22 AM »
I haven't played many 2018 specific games other than Spider-Man. So I guess that's my pick.  :))

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Marco
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 05:27:14 PM »
I'm starting to think others didn't as well lol  ;D

Any thoughts @Aya-Kun @Jack @Mai Valentine @Kinikko ?

Offline targetrasp

• Sam Fisher
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 12:01:50 AM »
I've got monster hunter, farcry, black ops 4, god of war, and Spider-Man and outside of Spider-Man I've not put an hour among the rest. God of War, Farcry 5 and Spider-Man were all Christmas purchases that I've not gotten around to but there's no excuse for blops and monster hunter. I'd say throw Red Dead in there and I'd have the front runners , but I probably wont be able to comment until 2020!

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Marco
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 09:49:59 PM »
@targetrasp let's duo in Black Out mode in Blops 4... this Saturday... or Titanfall 2.

As far as my GOTY... I have to say it's probably going to be Spiderman, thought it is a shorter game.  It doesn't mean I agree that it is... but it probably will be.  I don't think there's enough in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 to get it.  I love the game.  I don't think there's enough to make it GOTY (any Battle Royale game for that manner).

Shadow of the Tomb Raider was cool... but I'm not sure there was enough there either.  Fall out 76 won't get it.  I Cannot say anything about Red Dead Redemption 2. 

Super Smash Bros has a major chance for it... but not sure it came out early enough.