Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

PlayStation Classic - $55 (2/12 Update: Now $40!)

Started by CreepinDeth, January 25, 2019, 05:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepinDeth

This thing is bombing hard and it's now nearly half off of it's original price. If anyone was interested in one, this is a good time to buy I think.

Amazon: PlayStation Classic

retro junkie

:))

edit: My biggest problem is, any of the games on that console mini that I might be interested in,  I have. I can just pull them out and play them on my PS3. And they play without any kind of issue. The only point in owning such a disaster would be just to collect an oddity.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

IF I had the extra money right now.... I would consider it.  I still have the PlayStation 3 60GB ... I Think it was 60GB launch edition.  I changed out the hard drive about 5 years ago to a much larger drive.  This PlayStation 3 system plays PS1, PS2, AND PlayStation 3 games native on the system.  That's awesome and I wish systems still did this.   I know it's a kick for digital distribution.. but whatever... my hat is off to any company that provides backward compatibility AND support.  My hat is also off to any company that provides free digital game with physical game... or a substantial discount - for current and future systems.  this really should be done.

Thanks for posting this @CreepinDeth

If anyone purchases this, please use the ads at the top as this site gets credit for the purchase ... which goes towards hosting of this site and future sites coming.

Grindspine

I still have my Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 set up in the living room, so any Playstation games are instantly accessible without buying a mini console.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: retro junkie on January 25, 2019, 06:18:57 PM
My biggest problem is, any of the games on that console mini that I might be interested in,  I have. I can just pull them out and play them on my PS3. And they play without any kind of issue. The only point in owning such a disaster would be just to collect an oddity.

It was always a novelty and created as convenience. All of these classic consoles are. They're not meant to be replacements for current gen hardware. If they were, then they would have the ability to add more games. Not everyone has the means to play PS1 games. We're not really the target audience as we're collectors.

Grindspine

Quote from: CreepinDeth on January 31, 2019, 12:55:35 AM
It was always a novelty and created as convenience. All of these classic consoles are. They're not meant to be replacements for current gen hardware. If they were, then they would have the ability to add more games. Not everyone has the means to play PS1 games. We're not really the target audience as we're collectors.

That makes a lot of sense.  Granted, I did grab an SNES Classic (though I have a working SNES set up in the other room) for some games that I had missed out in purchasing (Super Castlevania IV) and games that were lost in my parents' house (Zelda III: A Link to the Past).  The Playstation Classic could have been more successful with a larger game library.  Apparently there are easy USB stick modifications to add to the library.

CreepinDeth

Wal-mart just dropped it another $15. It's now at $40.

PlayStation Classic: Wal-mart

targetrasp

same on amazon and it'll support cgd clicking one of bv's links

CreepinDeth

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

lol... thanks for posting this @CreepinDeth and @targetrasp for the shameless plug  ;D

I appreciate It all purchases done via our amazon ads... It does help with hosting costs.

This price... it's tempting.  $40 is a price where I Can start to see this happening with the flaws.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more