Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Is anyone else about ready to get blasted with cold weather?

Started by BLUEVOODU, January 28, 2019, 09:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I Guess it's due... we haven't had really cold weather for a few years.   

It appears we are going to have -11 either tomorrow or Thursday ... with Wind chill -45 to -50...  :o

Anyone else getting this?

retro junkie

there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

dropping pretty hard here... -20 windchill I Think.  Under 0 normal.  -11 high for tomorrow...

targetrasp

False alarm here today. Schools closed just at the mention of ice and we spent the first part of the day in the 40s. It's 20 now but still now ice and it only snowed for an hour without any accumulation.

retro junkie

Tomorrow it is not supposed to get above 18.  :(

It was 55 on Monday.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

it was -10 to -13.... one of my pipes froze... so I was fighting that all day while working remotely.  I finally got it thawed... but it was rather annoying.  1st world problems, I guess?   There's a piece that will need to be repaired... thankfully it's a smaller portion leading to the sink.  Outside walls... and wind... -30 to -40 wind chill... that'll do it.

retro junkie

14 right now. Yesterday it was about that all day. Supposed to warm up today into the 30's.  :))
there is no spoon

targetrasp

We might have seen single digits once this year, and outside of one 13 inch snowfall we've had some pretty decent weather.

Grindspine

I invested in heavy blackout curtains to try to cut the draft coming through the window.  It kind of helped, but I still had to run the main heat, a space heater, and two humidifiers to keep any semblance of comfortable air.

Bomber Man

We had to keep the water running because our bathroom water froze so we had to use the other bathroom sink.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

Yeah... I had 1 sink and toilet freeze... but we ended up using a space heater... it was on the outside wall.  It didn't do that until wind and -40ish windchill.  Space Heater... closed the door... and it let loose.

Jack

Nope, lol. It's been in the upper 60s down here in Louisiana for a while now.

targetrasp

we've hit 60 the last two days as well, it's kinda awesome

BLUEVOODU

LOL... you all are killing me.  @Jack @targetrasp We almost had that as a negative with windchill not that long ago.

North Carolina... That's one place I wouldn't mind living.  RTP North Carolina was pretty cool when I went there for training as well.

retro junkie

there is no spoon

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU I've not been anywhere near RTP since Phillip Rivers was playing for NC State. If you've been there since 2015 it's really turned into something. The crime rate in the Raleigh area in general is so much better than so many other cities BUT the city seems boring to me. If you like college basketball and hockey its awesome. As long as I've lived in NC I've not seen a single show in Raleigh. I've watched Korn and Rob Zombie in Greenville SC, Mastodon and Saliva in Asheville, and TONS of stuff in Charlotte, but nothing has ever got me out towards Raleigh.

BLUEVOODU

lol thanks @retro junkie it was almost 50 today though!  Et Tu Brutus?  ;D

@targetrasp yeah... I haven't been to Raleigh in a very long time.  RTP is the Research Triangle Park - this is where they have a lot of IT training.  At least they used to.   SUper interesting area.  There's not a ton to do... but it's crazy in how all these businesses are tucked into wooded areas.  Driving on the highway is RIDICULOUSLY dark because it seems all the light pollution is absorbed by the trees.  You know there's a lot of stuff there, but you cannot see it.  At least that's the way it was back in 2013-2014.  I haven't been there since, unfortunately.  Almost ALL my training is online/remote anymore... and class based it becoming much more rare.

targetrasp

2015 is when RTP really changed. Wake and Durham counties poured a ton of money into the area. I've not seen it, just heard from friends.

BLUEVOODU

hm... interesting... did they say how it has changed?   I would hate for it to change too much... though change is inevitable I suppose.  I Really have fond memories of that area.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more