Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

What CLASSIC Systems would you like to see?

Started by BLUEVOODU, January 29, 2019, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

In the topic It was bound to happen - PlayStation Classic! I mentioned it would be cool to see other Classic Consoles.

I'd love to see an Atari Jaguar Classic... or a Turbo Grafx / Duo Classic.  They NEED TO HAVE appropriate video outputs and not be designed bad.  They need to be done proper.... plus have a ton more games.  I'm sure they could do an Atari Jaguar Classic and have the entire Library available.  It would be worth it as there are some great and expensive games for the system.  Other games, you probably wouldn't want to buy, but they are definitely ok to play here and there.

What else would you like to see?    Post it up!

Other Classic Topics:
Neo Geo Mini
C64 Mini
SNES Classic
N64 Classic

targetrasp

top classic candidates that I would actively play

N64 (seems like a done deal already)
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast

Interesting ones I'd at least collect

tg16 - great shooters, decent platformers, library is thin and gets old fast though
jaguar - there's really no library to be found but for some reason I love the console
3do  - if for nothing other than the laughably bad Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
cdi - please include the worst Zelda game ever made
Atari 2600, 5400, 7800 (for the miniaturized consoles, not the games)

Probably will happen but will disappoint me

PS2 - I think if I was honest with myself the ps2 the pinnacle of gaming for me. no sampling of games would every be able to represent the ps2 library well enough at any price point. The PSone classic already crapped the bed so hard it would be near impossible to gain enough faith in sony to merit purchasing another classic system with any optimism; and I'd still be disappointed.

Grindspine

There was no real point to a Playstation mini since many of those games are downloadable on the PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita, or ported to PC.  The NES and SNES Classic consoles still had games that had not ever been ported (Castlevania II: Simon's Quest anyone?), so had some collector's value along with nostalgia value.

An N64 mini by Nintendo would still kill it.  I do not know if there would be enough demand for an Atari Jaguar or Neo Geo remake due to the lack of market share those consoles had in the '90s.  I still see Atari 2600 and Sega Genesis mini consoles collecting dust in department stores too; many of those games had been released in ports as well.

CreepinDeth

I honestly feel the N64 should be the final one. At this point we're getting into the era of 3D and most of the great games have either been ported to current/last gen already or are being remade.

retro junkie

I would actually like to see a Turbo Grafx 16 mini with 30 games. Menu needs to be set up like the Nintendo minis. Now that I would need to have in my collection. I never tire of their shooters or Bonk.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

I think instead of tg-16 they should just go ahead and do a Turbo Express.

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie and @targetrasp So just re-do the Turbo Express and make a handheld?  This might be a good idea.   It would have to emulate the Turbo Duo as well... there are games they must include from the Duo.

@CreepinDeth I agree on the N64... This would be cool to see.  I know @Jack mentioned it before as well.

@Grindspine Castlevania 2 was hard... dat jump....  but I agree.  Such a great game.

Personally... I Think it would be cool to have a Jaguar mini... that would include Jaguar CD games as well.  Iron Soldier series... is a must with this.

CreepinDeth

I can see a case made for the TGFX-16. However, I don't see how any others would be viable. The games that are considered great or must-haves are low compared to the popular consoles. Does the Jaguar even have 5 games worthy of a classic console?

targetrasp

if there are I can't name them. Outside of Rayman (which can be found on psx and Saturn) and Alien Vs. Predator, I got nothing

retro junkie

A Jaguar system could have,
Rayman
Defender 2000
Tempest 2000
Raiden
Zool 2
Iron Soldier
Iron Soldier 2

Then throw in,
Cybermorph
Super Burnout
Alien vs Predator (Maybe)
Ruiner Pinball
Zero-5

I am not sure beyond that as far as its list goes. I would pick one up after it dropped to $29.99 just for Defender, Raiden, and Tempest. Those are the only games that kept my interest in mine, and the only reason I keep it. Super Burnout on the system is ummm... one of those games that showed what the system could be capable of, missed opportunity, tech demo kind of feel. It is enjoyable for what it does but is not my go to game for motor cycle racing. Missing a lot of elements that make that "wow" feel.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: targetrasp on February 01, 2019, 10:05:24 PM
I think instead of tg-16 they should just go ahead and do a Turbo Express.

Bumping an old topic.... lol.. see @targetrasp dreams do come true!  Except the Turbo Express part lol.  At least we have a Turbo Grafx Mini.

@retro junkie you know what... a Jaguar Mini would be awesome.  I'd get behind that.  Aliens Versus Predator that works on a modern Screen... I'm sure it's aged though.  I'd love to see a REAL reboot of the original game for a modern console.  Raiden on the Jaguar sucked though... I love Raiden and Jaguar Raiden made me a bit sad.  Iron Soldier 1 and 2 would be legit entries.

Also mentioned... FM Towns Marty would be nice!

@Jack and @CreepinDeth mentioned N64... those are necessary IMO.  Even an N64 remastered Mini would be cool with multiplayer.     What about a Gamecube mini??

I hate to say it @targetrasp ... Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast don't ever seem to be a possibility.  But who knows... maybe that could / would change.

targetrasp

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more