Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Warcraft III Reforged

Started by Grindspine, February 02, 2019, 01:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

Reports are showing that this will be a graphically updated, mechanically rebalanced, fully backwards compatible version of Warcraft III.  What?!

Anyone else looking at potentially getting this?

https://www.polygon.com/blizzcon/2018/11/2/18057924/warcraft-3-reforged-classic-compatibility-blizzcon

BLUEVOODU

What is it... me lord?     I have to be honest @Grindspine , I was NEVER a fan of Warcraft III.  I loved Warcraft 2... and could say I dug Warcraft... but Warcraft 2 by far was my favorite.  Once they introduced aspects that took them away from the FPS style I loved, I wasn't a big fan.

Though... I might be interested in trying it again depending on price... yeah... I'd be that sucker.

We require more StarCraft 2 though.

Grindspine

The tax for having a large army can be somewhat understood in an attempt to keep turtling low.  The strong focus on hero characters really worked for DOTA 2, but felt too forced in the RTS gameplay of WarCraft III.

I played through the main and expansion campaigns, but never even bothered with multiplayer in WarCraft III.

BLUEVOODU

Yeah... maybe I should've gave it more of a chance.   It was underwhelming to me as I loved Warcraft 2, StarCraft, and other RTS's.   I was pretty big into them.

Anyone else excited for this?   I might give it a chance again if we had players.

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

lol @targetrasp Sounds like fun :question:

As in real good fun?

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

Grindspine

I guess there were some pretty bad reviews on release.  I do not know if they have been resolved.

targetrasp