Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Borrowed meme for PS2

Started by Grindspine, February 10, 2019, 12:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

When you still have your PS2 hooked up to your main tv...  ;D

BLUEVOODU

LOL... unless you have a PS3 with PS1 and PS2 onboard hardware  / play capabilities.   However, This is pretty much spot on for all systems these days.

BLUEVOODU

bumping this up for @Grindspine lol...

I'm sure @retro junkie and @targetrasp could appreciate.    On the other hand, I didn't appreciate the PlayStation 2 as much as I should've

targetrasp

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU it is really the only system that does not seem to be favored that much. There was a ton of good games for that console. And unless you have that big fat first edition PS3 you will need original hardware to play those games. PS1 games get all the attention, can play them on the PS3 or PS4.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

yeah... That's what I still have my original PS3.  Still works like a charm, though it does burn somewhat hot.  It always has.  I can go back and play old SOCOM for the PS2...  which...  I used to really like that game.  I liked it for the PSP as well... that was a lot of fun.  that had to have been 13 years ago at least... wow.

The PS3 is what really turned my opinion of Sony and their gaming systems.  They didn't have the weird graphics they used to have... like the PS1 and that of the PS2 (which higher def... but still had they weird pixelated graphics).

With that.. the PS3 turned me.  I dug it a lot.   You all probably remember how much I didn't like Sony from the way back machine.

Grindspine

PS3 really was when 3D games had matured.  PS2 definitely had some blocky graphics, but still had an amazing library.  It was the first system to really offer backwards compatibility and CD/DVD player.

The PS2 is still one of my favorite systems.  The SNES, PS2, PS3, and PC have gotten more game play time than the other systems I have owned.  On a side note, my PS3 runs cooler since it is a slim 160 GB model.  I did eventually upgrade to a 240 GB SSD though!

targetrasp

Gamestop has had some killer disc only ps2 games in their retro section lately. I've picked up a lot of the suikoden games, .hack games, grandia games, and just about every other sub 20 dollar RPG in their retro section. That's led me to the purchase of a HD link cable for the ps2 and now that everything came in I can't find my dang ps2. I really wanna try the link cable out, but I have a feeling once I find the ps2 i'll have to do a lot of cleaning / refurbishing to the system and controllers. i'm sure it's in rough shape.

Grindspine

The PS2 works great with those Monster component cables that were sold early in the PS3's cycle.  Many people do not know that the PS2 and PS3 had the same analog output.  Similarly, the GameCube Monster S-video cables work great for the SNES!

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp I took a look recently at Gamestop for older system's games.... they don't seem to have PS2 games here.   There are some Wii and older DS games... but nothing older than PS3 on the Sony front.  Since my PS3 plays PS1 and PS2 games inherently... I Would be down to acquiring some of the older games.  I used to dig playing some of the older SOCOM games on my PS3.

targetrasp

the retro stuff is online only, going into a brick and mortar isn't going to turn up anything before ps3

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp They really do have some decent older DS stuff here and there.  some rare stuff too... but they're pretty good about knowing the values of all their games.

targetrasp

yeah, it seems the handheld stuff has been holding its value a little better, at least the good games.