Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Retro Junkie  (Read 137 times)

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Pulstar
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Retro Junkie
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:44:48 PM »
@retro junkie - Happy Birthday!  I hope it's a good one  ;D  Don't forget to enjoy your digital cake!

PS... if you get games for your bday... you have to post what you get lol

Offline targetrasp

• Andross
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Retro Junkie
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:55:22 PM »
I'll bet you a dollar he gets games for his birthday

Offline CreepinDeth

• Piikkkkmin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 05:25:39 PM »
I'll bet you a dollar he gets games for his birthday

No one is going to take that bet.

Happy Birthday, Retro!

Offline retro junkie

• Sonic The Hedgehog
  • all your base are belong to us
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 06:11:23 PM »
Games for my birthday!!! I'm a 64 year old man!!! What 64 year man gets games for his birthday?!

:o ::)

:-[
Ummm...............................

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It has been a very good day indeed. Been spending some time on the Wii U today.
there is no spoon

Offline targetrasp

• Andross
    • bcalrogers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 09:48:20 AM »
I'm a 64 year old man!!! What 64 year man gets games for his birthday?!

The best kind!

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Pulstar
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 03:46:24 PM »
A couple things here.... I didn't realize they made Tekken for the Wii U.. that's a thing??

That Transformers game... I was looking at it the other day and was thinking "hm... maybe I should but the price is so high."     If I'm correct, that game has some decent value and a good review.  That's a title I've been jones-ing to try out... don't know why. 

BTW... I Think Rage against the machine made a song about Rodea  ;D  lolz...  The game looks interesting though... and also wondered how well Legend of Kay plays.

Good stuff!

Offline retro junkie

• Sonic The Hedgehog
  • all your base are belong to us
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 04:09:20 PM »
Tekken is dominating right now in my new games. It is Tekken tag Tournament 2 with more than 50 characters to choose from.  :o I am getting stomped! I like the fact that there are special moves for my character just by touching the screen but that doesn't help me. I was also surprised that it was on the Wii U when I first started looking at the physical games list. I also like the fact that there are two different art inserts for the cover. You just pull it out and flip it over.

Transformers Prime for the Wii U should be able to pick that up for around $12 on eBay. Not that expensive. Nice game from what I have played, close to the 3DS version.

Legend of Kay; I have gone in and got a save point, but it is one of those games that forces you to go through training. I had to put it down until I can suffer through that part. Seems  okay at this point.

Rodea was a big surprise! It includes both the Wii and Wii U versions of the game, two discs. It has the art insert for both, another flip cover, plus both booklets.

At this point I see Tekken and Monster Hunter being the favored ones out of this game lot. Overall nice haul.

there is no spoon

Offline BLUEVOODU

• Administrator
  • Pulstar
    • bluevoodu
    • R2EN546
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 04:58:32 PM »
I about bought Monster Hunter...  That was a game on my List for a long time.  I Will look again at Transformers... Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I thought it was the Wii U version.  Rodea sounds pretty cool...

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - man @Grindspine and I played a lot of that on the PlayStation 3.  IT's a great game.  One of my favorite fighters to date.

We really need a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 topic at some point.  Not sure if many play it anymore but it is awesome.