Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Anthem

Started by Jack, February 24, 2019, 02:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Has anybody picked up Anthem yet? I will be in a couple of days and am honestly pretty excited to check it out. I'll be getting it on PS4 if anybody wants to squad up.

targetrasp

I was excited for it but the reviewers weren't very kind and that gave me pause... Flying around like Iron Man looks really cool but I just couldn't get past all that lukewarm reviews.

If people here start raving about it I'm sure I'll pick it up

Jack

I've sunk a few hours into it so far and it's honestly not bad. I'm enjoying myself and having fun. The abilities are really fun to use, they feel powerful, and the combo potential with the other classes is great. They are indeed having some server issues and that is my biggest complaint but hopefully that will be fixed soon with patches. The story is alright, good enough to keep me somewhat interested. I got the Legion of Dawn edition for super cheap through a buddy of mine who works for EA and the bonus content it comes with is pretty dope; a whole gear set for your Javelin plus a pretty solid starter weapon.

This game is like Destiny mixed with Warframe and I'm super okay with it. I'm using the Storm Javelin atm (which is essentially the mage class) and boy am I enjoying smiting shit with lightning and fire.

targetrasp

From what I've heard you get a mission, fly to said mission, complete said mission, go back to Tarsis, rinse lather repeat. The going back to town after each mission, not being able to change loadouts on the fly, and sameish looking enemies, and the meh loot, makes the experience too much of a grind.

I've also heard the story is lukewarm at best and there's no real sense of progression. People have complained about the pacing of the story and how the awkward interactions between characters often seem forced and unemotional.

The absolute worst thing I've heard about the game is that it's just a little better than Destiny 2.

I have heard that small improvements have been made but I can't jump in yet. A great story (or great loot) can make up for an excessive grind or satisfying gameplay can make up for a tepid story (Call of Duty, Borderlands). I think Anthem would fall in the latter scenario IF the grind or loot progression got addressed.

My fear is that if I pick it up now it'll fall in with games like Titanfall, Destiny, Halo 5, etc. that I was really excited for but found them just to be ok. Each may have been played a couple hours and sit on the shelf. I'll grab those kinds of games up during the $10 black Friday or amazon sales.

BLUEVOODU

This game looks pretty interesting @Jack I probably won't be able to invest into it at this point.  I've had to cut back on game buying for a bit... unfortunately.  Anthem definitely looks interesting.  Are you still digging it a lot.

WE still need to join up on COD Black Out - I still need to get you added to  PS4 - you need to send me your information.  Also, It would be cool if I could get your help with the steam group if you have additional time.  That.. and more Diablo 3 soon.  Still getting past these certifications   :( 

@targetrasp TAKE IT BACK!  TAAKE BACK what you said about Titanfall.   ;D  Cuts deep bro.

targetrasp

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on March 03, 2019, 05:18:50 PM

@targetrasp TAKE IT BACK!  TAAKE BACK what you said about Titanfall.   ;D  Cuts deep bro.

@BLUEVOODU this freakin' guy!  ::)

I really wanted to love it (talking about Titian Fall 2) but I couldn't. I don't know if it snored, slept on the wrong side of the bed, kept the heat up too high, or just put the toilet paper on upside down but something about her just bugged me. Don't get me wrong, we're friends, we still hang out but just for a few minutes of fun when I don't have anything else to do..

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more