Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

TurboGrafx 16 mini

Started by retro junkie, June 15, 2019, 03:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro junkie

Okay now you have my full attention! I must have this! I did not realize until recently that Konami had acquired all the rights to the Hudson Soft stuff. With this announcement I am very excited. I hope the games include not only Hucard but also CD. So far they are on the right track with a hand full of titles which includes one CD game, Y's 1 & 2. It will even offer the option of scan lines. Interesting.

https://www.konami.com/games/pcemini/gate

there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Just waiting for the preorder page to show up.

targetrasp

Please God love me enough to include Blazing Lasers and Military Madness..

BLUEVOODU

LOL yes... @targetrasp and @CreepinDeth please... please please... Blazing Lasers.  I was VERY happy to see Alien Crush made it.

@retro junkie Thank you for this wonderful bit of information.  I almost cannot believe this is coming out.  I started looking to make sure it wasn't April fools.

Grindspine

That looks super fun, especially Adventure Island!

Grindspine

Dracula X Rondo of Blood?

retro junkie

Quote from: Grindspine on June 22, 2019, 10:19:47 PM
They ported that game to the PSP entitled "Dracula X Chronicles."
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Quote from: Grindspine on June 22, 2019, 10:19:47 PM

Don't know yet since the full lineup hasn't been revealed yet. However, I have heard that different regions are getting different lineups so hopefully it comes to the NA version.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth @retro junkie   ... the NA region NEEDS ALL THE GAMES.... from all regions.  Don't leave us out...

This is the most excited I've been about any of these mini consoles.  By FAR... this could be the best thing since sliced bread. 

@Grindspine ... did you play much of the Turbo Grafx / Duo?  I believe we broke out some of the games WAAAYYY back in the day.  I'm curious if you tried anything else.

retro junkie

Unless there are licensing issues, they should be able to put most of the library of games on a mini with no problem.
I would love to have every shooter made for the system with an easy HDMI hook up.  ;)
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

So far from what I've seen, the PC-E in Japan does have Rondo of Blood but no mention if it's going to be on the TG-16. Still researching.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on June 23, 2019, 11:18:45 PM
Unless there are licensing issues, they should be able to put most of the library of games on a mini with no problem.
I would love to have every shooter made for the system with an easy HDMI hook up.  ;)

That would be awesome... TG16 over HDMI formatted well to the screen. 

@CreepinDeth I sure hope Rondo is included.. that would be the best addition to any mini system to date.

BLUEVOODU

I haven't seen a pre-order on Amazon.com yet...  when I see it I'll add it up to the site.

retro junkie

Final list of games? A little puzzled by their list and why it was done like this? 50 games but it is not really 50 games. There is a mixture of US and Japanese titles which results in duplicates. I so wanted Legendary Axe and Gate of Thunder. But there are some solid titles there.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_pdlcore_md2_w?ie=UTF8&language=en_US&node=6974564051&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_r=AY9B57MBT8GT726GNGGG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=fd46107f-cf4a-4ddc-afa0-f1ff4a29245c&pf_rd_i=6974564051

Not sure I like what they did here but at the same time I am excited about this even though I am disappointed in some missing titles.

TurboGrafx-16 mini pre-orders go live on Amazon Prime Day!!!
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie Oh man... the PC Engine does have Rondo!  Hopefully that'll work in the states.  The engine also has awesome shooters! @Grindspine

I'll put up pre-orders of this stuff shortly in 1 new thread. So far, only Hori controllers are available.

Oh mannnnnn!  So much want

Lol @targetrasp got his wish for Blazing Lazers (awesome game) and Military Madness (also awesome)

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU I think Psychosis was an odd random pick. Good game but I would have liked to have seen W-Ring too. And I sort-of thought Gate of Thunder would have been a no brainer, love the sound track of that game.
I'm missing,
Vigiante
Samurai-Ghost
Galaga
Raiden
Sidearms
Legendary Axe
Street Fighter 2
Ciber Core
Maerchen Maze
and a few other shmups would have been nice. But I think I see what they are doing. (Thinking positive here.) They probably felt they have one shot at this. So in order to keep cost down there would only be one internal hardware board, with limited space for games, that could be used in multiple outer shells. And they straddled the fence to please fans everywhere. Not sure why Chew-Man-Fu is there, but maybe they were trying to get a balance of genre rather than have the list full of shmups, which is what the console was known for. Maybe that game had its fans,.......hmmm yeah right.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

preordering tomorrow - it has my three favorite tg16 games blazing lasers, soldier blade, and military madness.

BLUEVOODU

Yeah... I'm pretty excited about this. Pre-ordering as well. I'll set up pre-order links if you guys want to use them.  You should also be able to use the standard prime day link I have setup.  Shameless plug to help the site  ;D

A notification topic will go out tonight on Prime Day as well.

Blazing Lazers. I haven't played it since my Turbo Express bit it. I need to have the capacitors fixed.

@retro junkie I wonder if they didn't include Lords of Thunder and a few other Duo games because that was Duo and technically not Turbo Grafx 16.  MAYBE we will get one of those as well  ;D

CreepinDeth

Not sure if anyone has pre-ordered yet but it's up on Amazon. Priced at $99 and releases March 20th. You don't get charged until it ships.

BLUEVOODU

@CreepinDeth - check the pre-order topic in retro section   ;D links and all!

I'm pumped for this one!