Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Retro-Bit Sega Genesis Controller!

Started by retro junkie, March 09, 2019, 05:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro junkie

This is the 30th anniversary of Street Fighter 2 Ryu controller from Retro-Bit. This controller feels very solid with clicky buttons, awesome. I have been enjoying playing Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition. Great fan work with the artwork of Ryu across the face.  The size is good. One thing that puzzled me as I actually took out a tape measure to the cord, 5" 8"? Come on! 5" 8"? What's 4 inches? Somebody tell me what is it with four inches? Why couldn't it have been 6 feet? Or maybe 10 feet. Sorry for the rant. Almost lost my cool.

Mode button on top sort-of in the place you would find a shoulder button.

This is the big plus about this controller, two hookups. Made for the original, or clone, Genesis system, but can also be used on a PC, or the Altgames Genesis mini.

I do highly recommend this controller to anyone that needs a Genesis controller. This is the bomb. And a special thank you to Retro-bit for the love.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie man... this controller looks pretty cool.  I haven't seen many controllers / items like this.

Feels pretty solid when you're playing?

retro junkie

Sega partnered with Retro Bit to produce these controllers. They are officially licenced by Sega. There are a whole series of controllers coming out this year for Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast. The controller has become my favorite to use. Yes it is solid.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

It looks like Sega is flirting with a bigger involvement in hardware. Maybe there's some weight to the Sega / Google / Ubisoft confab on a new console... Here's hoping

BLUEVOODU

LOL... well... Google is talking a new platform... Gaap?  LOL... Gaming as a Platform.  It's a clouding joke...  anyway, they are talking about making it so you can play games on ANY device.  So you would have a cloud platform and then play anything anywhere.   It's an interesting concept.  I'd like to know how it would play out and the costs associated.   There are some pretty heavy hitting things they could do with it.

Topic coming soon on that.   There needs to be one.

@retro junkie Dude... that's really cool they are officially licensing.   For the Dreamcast as well?   It would be cool to see some topics on this as well.   ;D

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

LOL... There's an article I'm getting ready to post.   Google is doing it.

It's more a Netflix rent model where they perform all the hardware and compute on their side.   They essentially stream the play to you... where you control it on your side, but all input has to travel to them.  Good Internet is required at this time.

But I digress... these controllers look cool @retro junkie  ;D

targetrasp

I've got 400 down and 35 up and i'll bet my left one it'll still lag... They're never fully prepared for the network traffic, they'll throttle their users (Like when I try to download from Steam) and if this thing catches fire that infuriating Net Neutrality discussion will flare up like a bad case of the herp...

BLUEVOODU

Yeah - you are right... it probably will flare up.  That's a guarantee lol...  ;D  It will flare up without a reason.

I bet you anything though... if everything heads the way of steaming... there's going to be a power play money in the ISP sector.

targetrasp

I watched google pitch the thing and maybe it's pretty cool... There's so much to talk about, its such a shame we (mostly I) hijacked a retro post to talk (rant) about something up and coming