Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Final Fantasy X / FFX / HD Remaster thread

Started by Grindspine, March 16, 2019, 01:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grindspine

FFX was not only one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, but also one of the most amazing PS2 experiences.  I picked up the remaster years ago, but had stopped part way through the game due to obligations at the time.  I picked it back up recently and am hooked.

The HD remaster gets rid of any blocky, pixilated graphics and adds some international version features that are not apparent until mid to late game.  The expanded sphere grid and addition of dark aeons to defeat change the end game strategy quite a bit.

Years ago, I had written off the celestial weapons for each character after frustration with the chocobo racing, butterfly chasing, and lightning dodging, thinking all three were ridiculous in difficulty and not necessary to defeat Sin.  With the changes in end game enemies, I went back and defeated all three this week.  I got the 0.0.0 time on the racing, completed both butterfly catcher trials, and dodged 215 consecutive lightning bolts to get the Onion Knight weapon!  Now I just need to play about a month's worth of Blitzball to get Wakka's weapon and overdrive abilities!

targetrasp

10 is always one of those I've meant to play, I just never found time to. You've definitely given it a higher place in my queue now.

BLUEVOODU

Man .... I saw you playing this earlier @Grindspine ... it made me want to try it. This also brings back old memories of the conversations from the old board.  If I remember correctly,  @Mai Valentine and @Kinikko  used to play this all the time.

How much time have you put into it?

Grindspine

Not sure what my total time in this game is.  I have gotten all of the Celestial weapons except for winning Wakka's championship weapon from blitzball and completed all of the main story except the final boss.  I have about 39 save files from this run through of the game.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more