Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Avengers: EndGame

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 25, 2019, 10:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

OK.... who is excited for this movie?!   I cannot wait.   

Here's the official trailer:

Whatever it takes...  Post it up  ;D

targetrasp

Still no Warlock... c'mon MCU - One of Stan and Jack's best cosmic super heroes and the face of the Infinity Gauntlet series is still MIA.

Anyway, Movie looks cool, can't wait to see how they get everyone back especially since most of those from early avengers movies are seemingly done. Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man and much of their supporting characters are done with contracts and / or moving on.

retro junkie

Right now I am suspicious of the trailer content being misleading containing stuff that is not in the movie. I think they are just hyping to build up excitement. Which is okay.  ;)
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

I honestly can't wait. I'm so hyped! I've managed to successfully stay away from trailers. And now with the Fox merger being complete I'm more hyped for the what comes after.

BLUEVOODU

I Cannot wait either.... April 26th - @Grindspine @CreepinDeth @retro junkie @targetrasp  ;D

LOL... Retro... those trailers are ALL false.  If you watched until the end of Captain Marvel... you would have had a little preview into the future  ;D  and it looks great

mastermario

Quote from: retro junkie on March 26, 2019, 06:24:19 AM
Right now I am suspicious of the trailer content being misleading containing stuff that is not in the movie. I think they are just hyping to build up excitement. Which is okay.  ;)

I'm too lazy to look it up, but didn't the directors say they intentionally filmed some scenes that they knew weren't going to make the movie to only use for trailers to throw people off?

BLUEVOODU

That...  I'm not sure of @mastermario I heard something similar from a friend at work.  Might be

Well. I have tickets for next weekend  ;D woot woot. Anyone else going 1st weekend?

mastermario

I've got my ticket for 6pm Thursday night, first showing. :)

Here's a couple articles since apparently all of us were too lazy to look it up  :P

https://bgr.com/2019/04/07/avengers-endgame-spoilers-tony-stark-steve-rogers-reunion-scene/
https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame-fake-trailer-footage/

CreepinDeth

I'm going to the first showing on Saturday. Currently, finishing up all of the Marvel movies. I'm on Spider-Man: Homecoming.

BLUEVOODU

@mastermario nice!  1st showing?  That's awesome.   I think @SpartanEvolved has that as well.   Unfortunately, I Will wait until Sunday.

@CreepinDeth I am watching Homecoming again this weekend. We caught up on The avengers, ant man, and a few others in preparation for this movie.   I Think we are going to have a Marvel weekend SOMETIME in the near future... just watch all the Marvels over a weekend.  We've done that with Harry Potter, Lord of the rings and Hobbit.

Grindspine

There is not enough time in one weekend to watch all of them (and still sleep).  Is there?

I am stuck working this weekend, so do not know when I will get to see the end. :(

retro junkie

I had a worker that went to see it last night. He told me that you cannot pee, there is no intermission.  :o Three hour movie, so beware, all the popcorn you want but no soft drink.  :))
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Saw it yesterday and if I had to describe it in one word it would be "Satisfying." From beginning to end everything came together beautifully and there was no wasted time. Every scene was impactful in one way or another.

retro junkie

I have heard that the movie did not have the same feel as previous Avenger, or Marvel, movies. And I have heard that it felt rushed to the theater. I am seeing negative reviews that it is not the best Marvel movie and that, as dark as it was, that Infinity wars was a better movie. How do you see this movie without giving any spoilers?
there is no spoon

CreepinDeth

Quote from: retro junkie on April 28, 2019, 09:35:27 PM
And I have heard that it felt rushed to the theater.

It's hard to answer the other questions without giving you more context but I'll answer this one and this comment, that I've also seen myself on other forums, makes no sense.

This movie has been in in the works in conjunction with Infinity War. It's been in production for many years and clocks in at 3 hours. This movie is dripping with nuance and details. If you're a casual MCU fan, then some of the stuff might go over your head but what Endgame does is reward those who have been paying attention and care about these characters. If you don't, then it might look like another super hero movie to you, just bigger and grander. Which is fine as well.

My theory is that some people were expecting a non-stop battle scene for 3 hours and in reality, that wouldn't work. You would get over it very quickly. Not sure what others could've been expecting but so far I haven't seen a reasonable thought on it.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: retro junkie on April 26, 2019, 07:01:07 PM
I had a worker that went to see it last night. He told me that you cannot pee, there is no intermission.  :o Three hour movie, so beware, all the popcorn you want but no soft drink.  :))
LOL... This is a true story @retro junkie .   I managed ... and I had 1.5 slushies.  I actually went back for a refill before the movie.   NOW... as long as you eat enough popcorn.. that will dry you out lol  :))

It was a great movie... awesome... but there are some holes in some of their theories and what they do.  I won't go into it though... yet lol.

@CreepinDeth it's definitely satisfying... though some of the outcomes are tough to accept.  I tell you... I still blame Starlord... then Thor. LOL. 

@Grindspine we will definitely go again... maybe May 10 weekend... if you all want to go, we will go again.  Maybe get a Guinness beforehand.  ;D

For watching this in IMAX... we also received free posters.

CreepinDeth

Quote from: BLUEVOODU on April 29, 2019, 03:11:06 PM
It was a great movie... awesome... but there are some holes in some of their theories and what they do.  I won't go into it though... yet lol.

@CreepinDeth it's definitely satisfying... though some of the outcomes are tough to accept.  I tell you... I still blame Starlord... then Thor. LOL. 

The holes don't bother me. There is no way you're not going to have holes. Sci-Fi has tried for many years and even the movie itself explains how those aren't that accurate either.

mastermario

Quote from: CreepinDeth on April 28, 2019, 07:27:05 PM
Saw it yesterday and if I had to describe it in one word it would be "Satisfying." From beginning to end everything came together beautifully and there was no wasted time. Every scene was impactful in one way or another.

100% agree with this. Seen it twice now and I feel the same.

Two small issues I had with slight spoilers if you haven't seen it:

Spoiler: ShowHide
1. Captain Marvel's timing. Seems like it's always perfect. I like her as a character but still.
2. Wtf was with Gwyneth Paltrow Iron Woman? Seemed almost completely random (almost because she has briefly worn a suit but it was for protection).

CreepinDeth

Quote from: mastermario on May 09, 2019, 03:33:07 PM
1. Captain Marvel's timing. Seems like it's always perfect. I like her as a character but still.
2. Wtf was with Gwyneth Paltrow Iron Woman? Seemed almost completely random (almost because she has briefly worn a suit but it was for protection).

Didn't seem random at all. Iron Man III set this up way back in 2013 and then Tony brought it up again when his daughter was wearing her helmet. She's shown that she's willing to do anything for Tony, even suiting up and saving him. It would have been random if she didn't put on the suit to fight.

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: mastermario on May 09, 2019, 03:33:07 PM

@mastermario @CreepinDeth

Man... Captain Marvel was such a great Movie... but she was EXTREMELY underwhelming in End Game.  Scarlet Witch on the other hand... she was absolutely rocking Thanos.  All that rage... she should've just done the job and got it over with.  All this monologuing... and wasting time.  Get it done yo... lol  ;D

Did you see this yet, @targetrasp ?

retro junkie

I just got this movie on DVD and watched it today. Being an old man, I had to pause it five times for pee breaks, plus.  >:(
(I am no longer theater material. Got to get a larger screen TV)

I would have to say that I feel it is the best Avenger movie yet. Each movie seemed to get better. I think that you see heroes confronted with a sense of loss and failure. You see the way each in their own way dealing with it and making life choices from that perspective. Lot of character development in this movie, I liked that. I think it added more depth to the characters. when a sense of hope came to them they started to rise to the occasion. I agree @CreepinDeth it was satisfying.

All four movies would make a good collectors edition type thing, which I am sure they will throw out there at some point.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Awesome @retro junkie ... That  movie was near perfection.    You know... I REALLY liked how they all had their signature at the end.  It really had the feel of the end though.   I know we will have more movies... but after this built up, It really does seem like the end.

I'm sure they will make a 4 movie collection.  They would be smart to make a WHOLE collection and place them in Chronological order.  That would be awesome too!

Glad you got to see it, Retro Junkie!    And yes... it was definitely satisfying @CreepinDeth ... touched the feels a bit too (if those terms are used anymore).

targetrasp

Yup, saw it and cried a little...

kinda sad the band is breaking up, kinda glad scarjo is still on board

BLUEVOODU

Man...  just a little. I can't believe this came out as long ago as it did. This year is rocking by hard.

It'll be interesting to see what they do and come out with from here on out.  I'm hoping it's as awesome as the last decade.   Man... so much life happened during that decade as well. 

That hammer sound at the end end of the movie. Still brings chills a bit.

CreepinDeth

Rewatched it in 4K/HDR. Sooooooo goooooood!!  8)

BLUEVOODU

Nice @CreepinDeth;D. I haven't done into 4K. I figure this move would've done 4K justice! 

We need to see this movie again.  I haven't watched it since it was in theaters.