Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Foldable Phone Screens - This has been long awaited

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 31, 2019, 10:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I 1st heard about foldable / bendable phones back in 2008-2009.   Nokia was Research and Developing a technology that allowed bendable phones.... NOW... it's not exactly foldable, but it's not far off.   I'm not sure who originally came up with the "foldable phone" original concept, but several are releasing.   They are quite expensive too.   Foldable phones really brings us to a new / interesting era of cell phones and portable devices.

Here are a few resources:
Xiaomi Looks Close to Unleashing a Third Contender in the Foldable Phone Wars - Gizmodo.com
Samsung is working on a new foldable smartphone that's nothing like the Galaxy Fold - bgr.com
Samsung Releases Video of Galaxy Fold's Folding Test - extremetech.com

There are a lot of contenders right now.   Samsung Galaxy Fold will retail for $2000... according to price estimates.   I need a barfing Emoticon... or emoji as the new cool kids call them.   ;D

The coolest one I've seen is a new foldable screen Motorola Razr.   It REALLY has a classic design... is larger... and looks really cool. Here's a "concept" video:

IF it looks anything like that... I want one  ;D

Comments / Thoughts?  Post it up!

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more