Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Blade Buster on the NES!!

Started by retro junkie, May 05, 2019, 11:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro junkie

As a gamer, I love these types of shmups. From what I can understand this is a homebrew game especially designed for the NES and put on a reproduction cart. It is a vertical scrolling shooter in the style of Super Star Soldier, Blazing Lazors, with that warm fuzzy Hudson Soft sort of feel. It even seems that it has that music of Super Star Soldier in the first stage. Gameplay is so fast with no slow down similar to Summer Carnival. Graphics are standard fair of these arcade shooters of the past. This is true retro arcade shoot'em up love expressed in this wonderful game. You get only the choice of a 2 or 5 minute "high score attack" sessions, but that is okay. It is one of those games that you can sit down to if you only have a moment and addictive enough if you want a long play. High score survival is my thing. I have only been able to make it into the second stage so far. This and Summer Carnival are the closest you are going to get to a bullet hell shooter on the NES. I want so much to have more of these type of homebrew games. To me, they are worth every penny. Been a great and exciting weekend spent with this highly recommended NES game.

there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

What's this @retro junkie ?? ... I Apologize.    I missed this post.   AND I really love Shmups.

How are the control?   Does it play well compared to other Shmups?   I'm curious!    The reproduction / home brew carts are interesting.  I was actually getting into some of this stuff back in the days of when I ran the business.   I was hoping to maybe create a segment to create games like this in combination with other home brew companies and attempt to sell some of them in the store.    For some of the CD based games with soundtracks... I was going to work on some of the music.

However, this never came to fruition... but it was getting somewhat close at one point.  I had a few people interested and was talking to a few companies.  I don't even remember who they were anymore... 15-16 years later.  I cannot believe it's been that long.

Anyway... cool post!   It's cool to see this work and that home brew is still somewhat alive in this fashion.

retro junkie

Control is tight and a dream to play. And it can stand toe to toe with any other shooter.

I have been acquiring a lot of  homebrew carts recently. I only need some time to review them. I will post up when that happens.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie awesome. I'd like to see more of those.

It would be cool if this home brew would be offered on the Nintendo store. I'd really like to try it out!   This title looks very interesting.