Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Animal Crossing: Wild World - DS

Started by Bomber Man, July 05, 2019, 05:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber Man

I have to say this was a really fun game to play, and seeing that it has added a lot more to the previous titles is pretty cool!

(If you haven't known already) Animal Crossing Wild World is a game where you explore your town. You want to catch fish and bugs, and you also want to dig up fossils. You want to do that so you can sell them to make money or bells. In the Animal crossing series there are villagers. They can be nice or mean, or have their own personality.

In Wild World you have to pay off mortgage to make your house bigger, and so you can fit more furniture. You also want a lot of furniture so you can a lot of points from the HRA (Happy Room Academy). When you buy furniture from Tom Nook's his building gets bigger and you get more points, so make sure to buy from him! Also you can sell him your fish, bugs, and fossils to him to make money or bells.

There is also a clothing shop called Mabel Sisters. You can design or buy clothes from there. You also can get accessories for your head and face. You also can sell clothes if you don't like them.

The museum is held by Blathers, and you can donate fish, bugs, fossils, and paintings. You can look at all of those through their own exhibits, and you also can create constellations in the upstairs part! There will be already pre-made ones, but you still can make them. The downstairs part is where K.K Slider plays his jams, and where you can buy coffee!

The town hall is where you can recycle trash, pay mortgage, change the town tune, see suggestions on how to make your town better, save letters, save money or bells, mail letters to other villagers, make donations with in game currency, and you can move out!

You can visit other villagers houses and you also can connect your DS to other DS's to play with each other and do things with each other! It is truly a fun experience!
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

This game is a lot of fun.  I was thinking of creating a topic on it.   I used to play in town with other board members as well - @MegaDrive20XX and a few others.  In fact, I still have characters that show me letters they sent lol.

I almost have everything complete and still play it here and there.  It took a bit to grow on me because I was used to the Gamecube version, however ... Wild World grew on me.  We still visit our towns every once in awhile ... fish, catch bugs, and try to run around smacking each other with our nets lol.

Does anyone else still play?

AngelBob

I have New Leaf, I'll have to look for this one as well!

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob I bought new leaf as well. I haven't played it much... not for any reason other than time. If you played New Leaf, you may not enjoy going back to Wild World as much much... however, it is a really fun game. 

I'm not sure if people can visit towns anymore... over wfc.  I think it's possible. If you get it, post up. Maybe I can drop by lol.

I wonder if @MegaDrive20XX still has this game. 

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU I know it's possible, at least over wifi because my kid visits my town and then both our games crash haha... If i can find my code I'll post it up! I had like 50 pear trees but just cut half of them down because I got mad they weren't producing perfect fruit.

MegaDrive20XX

Papa Retro

retro junkie

Which game are you talking about hooking up? I have both. New leaf I have not played that much. Wild world, I played to death back in its glory days.
there is no spoon

AngelBob

Friend code is 3368-7416-9772 and I have New Leaf only for now... Probably won't change in the near future since I have car insurance and kids school expenses coming up soon...ugh. not like I'd have time to play a different one anyway 😄

retro junkie

there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

I Won't be able to play until maybe this weekend.  @retro junkie and @AngelBob ... you guys should join up and play!

We need more members gaming together around here  ;D

AngelBob

@retro junkie  I added you, I have the smaller ds, not the xl so it has wifi connectivity issues at times. Makes for interesting playing, sometimes if I'm visiting another town I get a big NOPE error message and lose all my progress.

retro junkie

@AngelBob we are talking about the 3DS right? New Leaf?
there is no spoon

retro junkie

@AngelBob I have been playing this off and on all week. And I finally realized why I did not play it very much when I first purchased this. The Animal Crossing on the DS was from the perspective of a citizen. New Leaf is from being the Mayor. I would rather just be the citizen. But this past week I have been avoiding my responsibilities of Mayor and it has been more enjoyable for me. I have been basically just building funds and trying to appease the neighbors. I need to expand my living quarters. It is just basic right now. I enjoy the sim side of it from that aspect.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob and @retro junkie Did you all play together yet?  You should join up to play.

I'm hoping to get some free time soon to game a little bit. projects....

AngelBob

Not yet, I've been traveling for work lately so not much time for gaming or online in general.

But re: being mayor, I spend my time planting pitfall seeds in front of the houses of residents I don't like lol

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob @retro junkie  We finally have this game updated.   It would be cool to get everyone to someone's town... or do town visits here and there.

Did you all play yet?

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU I don't have it yet, I just have New Leaf, however I did see that my local GameStop has it for $30, so maybe next payday.

retro junkie

@AngelBob @BLUEVOODU I have New Leaf. Wild World is for the DS and I do not think you can link over the net with it anymore. Don't think it is supported now. I have been pounded to death by my sinus over the past week, feeling better now. I have just been focusing on Final Fantasy III on my DS, been grinding.  ;)
there is no spoon

AngelBob

Work is kicking my butt right now, we are down a person but they seem to be close to hiring someone so hopefully it lets up soon.
I haven't played New Leaf in weeks...I can only imagine how many weeds I'll have when I finally log in.

retro junkie

Yeah and what about those bugs or mice running around in your house.  ;) :))
there is no spoon

AngelBob

Oh man I'll have more cockroaches than a $20 hotel  :))

AngelBob

Ok @retro junkie and possibly @BLUEVOODU we should set up a time to play New Leaf sometime, I'm in eastern US time zone and usually weekends work the best for me, either during the day or evenings.

retro junkie

@AngelBob and @BLUEVOODU I am on central time. Weekends might be best for me too.

I had a neighbor move so I dug holes all in the area. The last time I did this there was tape put up around the area the next time I entered the game.  :)) :)) :))

there is no spoon

AngelBob

@retro junkie oh man that's awesome, now I've got to try it haha.

BLUEVOODU

Lol @retro junkie  ... I need to try this too!

Yes @AngelBob - we can play up to 4 players. That would be pretty cool to get multiplayer sessions going. We might be able to get @targetrasp and @Bomber Man too.

We could use the CDG discord if you all want.  We can try to set a time to play.  I'm thinking of also leaving a 3ds up and running so we can connect at any time... not sure it's that stable though. Need to test.... Wild World wasn't that stable. we used to have members of the old site play Wild World.

AngelBob

I'll figure out discord, I created an account awhile back but haven't really used it. I'll have to remember my login or else just make a new account.

retro junkie

there is no spoon