Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Collection of Mana - Nintendo Switch - Pre-order

Started by BLUEVOODU, July 06, 2019, 12:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

This title is a bit exciting to me. I'm planning to pre-order it and throw it on my backlog for a bit.

It comes out 08/27/2019.  It includes Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Trials of Mana.

Features & details

• Experience Trials of Mana (Originally released as Seiken Densetsu 3 in Japan), localized for the first time in the West
  • All 3 games now include a convenient quick save feature
  • Adventure with friends utilizing a local multiplayer mode

If you're looking to pre-order, here's a link to amazon. The site gets credit for the sale for upgrades ...etc:
Collection of Mana - Nintendo Switch - Amazon.com

Comments,  questions...  post it up!

targetrasp

preordered!

I've all intent on playing them all through but I'm likely going the route of BV, backlogged, waiting for a broken leg or stuck in a blizzard...

BLUEVOODU

Awesome... thank you.  Yeah... I'm really looking to pre-order this one as well.  It looks pretty cool and hours of fun... for the backlog.  I never really completed a Mana game.  SO... I'd like to do that with these.

I wonder if @Mai Valentine or @CreepinDeth will be on this one.  Maybe @Jack as well lol.   

BTW... media has been uploaded.

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU you too?

the 30 something at game stop about swallowed her gum when I told her i'd never finished a mana game.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp LOL... was that sacrilege to her?

Yeah... I think I am as well.  I really want to play these games.  I've wanted to finish a "Mana" game for awhile.  I have a couple of them for other systems and never finished them. 

targetrasp

I haven't finished a JRPG since Chrono Trigger was rereleased on the DS. Its about time.

BLUEVOODU

My last one may have been Faselei on the Neo Geo Pocket Color.  I'm not even kidding @targetrasp

targetrasp

@BLUEVOODU are you talking when the game first came out, that's almost 20 years ago...

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp yes......

Btw... it looks like Collection of Mana is now $33.84 on prime as the pre-order price.   Not sure how long that will last. 

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp - I'm pumped for this ... I finally sunk the pre-order.  I balked a couple times .. But did it.  I'm looking forward to this title. 

@retro junkie do you have  experience with the mana games?

targetrasp

It'll be in our mailbox tomorrow...

I wonder if there's a guide to pick up?

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU I will need to look through my games. I seem to remember the SNES one which I thought was very good. But I am thinking I have it either for the GBA or the DS, maybe both.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp mine arrives tomorrow.

@retro junkie - would you be interested in the Switch release like this?  I'm notoriously a sucker for collections like this.

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU if I decide to pick up the Switch lite, this is something that would interest me. I like this sort of thing. I see the value for the money, a lot of good gaming for one price.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

mine was in the mail box when I got home from work!

I think i'm going to leave it wrapped until this weekend, then binge for a while, it's about time to finish an rpg.

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie yeah... it's definitely worth it... Especially for the Trials of Mana in English.

@targetrasp What have you been playing through on this so far??

targetrasp

I've not touched it yet. I've only had small bits of time here and there so I've only played a little SNES online.

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

wrong mood. Its a great game I just gotta be ready for it.

BLUEVOODU

I hear you... I'm going to break this out more in the summer.   I really want to get into Collection of Mana.  I just haven't played much since it came out.

I'm working to take a week off here shortly.... it's been awhile since I've taken a break.  Once that happens, I will break this out for at least one of the days.  It will be a staycation.