Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Spider-Man No Longer Part of Marvel Universe? Say What?

Started by BLUEVOODU, August 21, 2019, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Looks like more Studio Drama:

Sony Addresses Drama With Disney Over Spider-Man Rights and Departure from Marvel Cinematic Universe - msn.com ET

I figured this would happen again and there would be another rift.  It was amazing some of these studios were coming and working together as long as they did.  Looks like that may be coming to an end.

The claims of both studios are interesting... I wonder what it is... time, money, or both?  Here's to hope they can work it out and re-unite.  I think everyone wins... and hopefully both companies can do it for the better of the story lines and movies.

Thoughts? Comments?   Post it up!

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU looks like it is all about the money, not about the fans, or the joy of bringing these characters to life on the big screen. It is sad that Spiderman is now going to be missing. It will be awkward at first if Sony decides to continue the present Spiderman timeline. I don't want a reboot. Tom has brought a lot to the Spiderman character. I hope they realized that and continue using him as Spiderman.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie yeah... it really appears it is all about Monday.   I cannot blame Sony... and to me it seems like Disney is being a turd about it.  They had a good combo together with this thing.  DON'T frickin spoil it over money... come on.

@targetrasp lol... You get outta here with that Tobes comment.  ;D

targetrasp

BLUEVOODU

No.  Because no.  ;D

I guess they struck a deal now.  We will see that'll work out.   I guess the world is no longer coming to an end.

targetrasp

Do you remember that time when X-Men and Spiderman was Marvel? The Avengers were some also-ran relic of the 60's... boy did that change once Marvel got their crap together. Sony really benefitted from Marvel's fire-sale when they got into money troubles. Now Disney has the reins and Marvel is gigantic. I wonder what IP Marvel has that could replace the Avengers? This current Marvel Universe kinda had all the Iron Mans, Ms. Marvell, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Cap, etc. as side stores and stop gaps until the next Avengers movie came out and pieced it all together. Now that the main course is finished can these other stories really stand on their own without losing some of their value?