Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Minecraft PS4 Switches to The Bedrock Platform

Started by Bomber Man, December 30, 2019, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber Man

Recently Minecraft PS4 has switched from 4J Studios to the Bedrock Platform. What does this mean? This means that PS4 players will be able to cross play with all other consoles now, and updates will come a lot sooner! There is the option for infinite worlds, and that is nice because before all world types were limited. There is also a bad side to this too. Minecraft PS4 Minigames, and Amplified worlds will all be removed from Minecraft PS4, but you can still play servers in the server tab.

Here is a list of all the changes
- Cheats
  - Allows you to use commands
- Beta Features
- Education edition
- Infinite Worlds
- World Presets
- Servers
   - Replacement of Minigames
- Realms
- Marketplace
- New Menu
- New Gui
- More Options
- Custom Characters
- Bug Fixes
- Everyone can play with each other
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

BLUEVOODU

Nice update @Bomber Man

You know... it sucks the mini games are gone.   Those were massively fun.   I really hope they add them back in.  The interface of the bedrock edition is also weird.  The 1st moment you load it up... it takes forever to initially load ANYTHING... I'm talking skins, textures..etc.. as you're converting.  Once done and you're playing, the motion is a tad choppy when you see other character's moving (such as in 2 player split screen).

The unlimited worlds are pretty awesome though... as is cross play.  I like the new update... but I really hope they bring back the mini games.  They were tons of fun.

What do you think @AngelBob ?

AngelBob

Awesome! I play solely on mobile, it was tricky at first but I'm used to it now.

Haven't played in a couple of weeks though :-(

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob I tell you... it's weird.  Ever since the update, animations are lagging when playing split screen.  I can only imagine what the issue is at this time.     However, it's cool they have a unified platform... but it's annoying that the performance multiplayer (split screen) isn't as great right now.

AngelBob

@BLUEVOODU I logged in the other night but didn't build anything, I've been building a giant zoo and kinda hit a wall...
I have every creature in the zoo other than an enderdragon and a vex because there aren't any blocks that contain them, not even barrier blocks!
So I'm not sure what to add to it now...I even made a pony ride area haha.

BLUEVOODU

@AngelBob A zoo... that's a great idea.

We've been working on a farm... and in survival, building real houses and buildings ... instead of just creative.  But that's been hard to get started with ideas.   It's way more challenging in survival.  I Started creating certain polished blocks to start making a really cool castle or something like that.