Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Started by BLUEVOODU, January 05, 2020, 06:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Alright... who has seen Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?   I thought it was by far the best of the last 3 trilogy... but also... probably one of the better Star Wars movies ever made... rivaling Rogue One.

Without providing spoilers at this time... I'm curious how this movie held up for everyone that has seen it.  Post up your thoughts and opinions of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Grindspine

There were a few things that I would have done differently, but, it did a good job of tying the loose ends from The Last Jedi and went a long way to correcting complaints many had about that movie.

It was solid.  I especially like the array of light sabers that make appearances in the movie.  >:D

BLUEVOODU

Jack

I saw it on Xmas day. I personally enjoyed it, though I honestly didn't have super high expectations going in. I was entertained and I thought the ending was appropriate.

mastermario

I saw it twice. I liked it and I agree that it was better than the last two. I think it was about the best they could do to salvage the series.

I'm mostly disappointed that they had sooo much good material they could have used in the old canon and they went this direction though.  They could have used SOME of it. The whole series could have been a Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Grindspine

There is just so much material in the Star Wars cannon now.  I am glad that The Mandolorian is happening.  The Clone Wars and Rebels are my favorite parts of the series currently since both series really give time to appreciate stories within the universe.

targetrasp

I've preordered whatever fancy steel book exclusive BestBuy has (and considering target's exclusive) but I've not gone to see it in theaters, and surprisingly nothing has been spoiled. I've resisted the temptation to watch easter egg youtube videos, read online reviews, or even talk to friends about it. When it comes out Ima crank the home theater up to obnoxious neighbor level and enjoy it despite being slightly disappointed it wasn't as good as Empire...

BLUEVOODU

@Jack  I agree with you... I went in not expecting a ton.  I just wanted to see a Star Wars movie.  I Thought it was fantastic.   Too bad they didn't do more of this from the beginning... but they did tie it together well.

@Grindspine Saber FIGHT!

@mastermario - How many more times did you see it now? lol

@targetrasp --> man... I might have to join you on that.  However, I'd like all 9 movies in a box set (Rogue and Solo on their own... although I assume they'll probably be bundled)... OR a 3 set of 7, 8, and 9 Steelcase.