Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

My quest into playing Every game on my Steam list for at least 5 Minutes

Started by BLUEVOODU, February 22, 2018, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

I know it sounds ridiculous... but I have a stupid amount of games in Steam.  My account is probably average to many others now... partly because I imposed a game buying ban on myself until more back log is cleared.

Part of the Back Log being cleared is my question to play every Steam game in my list a minimum of 5 minutes.

I have made pretty good progress on this... However, I still have a long way to go.  I cannot believe how hard it is to play every game for 5 minutes.  It almost puts things into perspective:
1.) 1st world problems.
2.) I have too many games - many of them were Steam sale impulse purchases.

Anyone else doing something like this?

Kinikko

I really should, because probably a good 95% of my steam library I've never even installed. 

That'd be nuts though, I have 383 games.  Just 5 minutes a game is putting 32 hours into this, and that's more hours that I get scheduled in a week at work. LOL 
moo.

targetrasp

I think it'd be easier if Steam had unlimited bandwidth. Big downloads take forever and I may have 5% of my library downloaded.

I with you though, the majority of my library is impulse purchases they I had no clue I wanted until I saw the price.

BLUEVOODU

yeah...  Bandwidth really hasn't caught up for a lot of people unless you pay ridiculous fees.  I'm not willing to pay a lot, but our service just doubled our bandwidth for free.  It makes it a lot easier to keep all my games installed!

I seriously have EVERY GAME on my list installed (not including Betas and any doubles that were included because of GOTY designations).  When I start steam... it's not uncommon to see 8+ updates.  If I wait a week, 17-30+.

targetrasp

I've got 300 meg service, but i'm lucky if I get 20 MB/s from steam.

Matter of fact at 8:06 EST I just downloaded Shadowrun Returns at anywhere from 900k to 19.6 MB/s.

Granted that's 2 minutes, but Shadowrun Returns is small.

At 8pm one kid was playing minecraft on her pc, watching a netflux movie on her ipad and skyping on her netbook while the other kid was playing rec room on steam. my computer was downloading Shadowrun and the tv had crunchyroll on and speedtest.net still clocked me at 72ish mbps...

Steam has to throttle bandwidth somehow.

Grindspine

I may have a few games that could not be installed when I first got them (bought on package deals, did not have the supported graphics card at the time, etc.), but overall I have maybe half of my library installed.

There are many games that I bought on a steam sale, tried playing 1-2 times, and uninstalled.  With the Greenlight program, too many really crappy independent games are released on steam with poor quality control and bug-fixing.

The first party valve games are great, for the most part.  There are also quite a few for which steam will start a third party background launcher for a game.  Those can be aggravating.

I have so many games that I have not completed.  At times, I will list them out and make a goal to seriously play them.  Lately games have to be put on the back burner so often though.

targetrasp

My problem is that I just can't get into anything anymore. I've tried playing Burnout Paradise, No No Kuni 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Mega Man Legacy collection 1&2, Monster Hunter World, Call of Duty WW2, Secret of Mana, everything else on the snes classic, on top of the entirety of my steam library and I just can't put more than a few hours into any of it.

BLUEVOODU

Hmm are you depressed? 
Nah... I get it.  I've gone through that as well... but it goes away for me pretty quickly. Usually it happens during busy times.

300 Meg service? All sorts of jelly right now lol. I can't bring myself to spend that much on Internets thought.

Never really got into the green light program for that main reason. I'm ok with supporting local businesses and people trying to start out though.

targetrasp

Depressed, that's funny!

I think there's so many things I want to do, with the house, with the kids, at work, with life, and then there's so much i'm doing with all those mentioned things, that i either split my time up in really small chunks or sit around trying to figure out how where to go next.

BLUEVOODU

I have the exact same issue lol.  Guitar and those same things you mentioned.

Then I find myself saying 'I don't wanted to adult anymore today's.

Then hopping on a multi-player game sometimes just isn't as fun when people complain.

I'm. Making more head way into my gaming backlog though!   I bright my total trophy % up from 17% (I think) to 22-23% as well. I found defense grid 1 and 2 are a lot of fun.  We need a defense grid topic.