Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

It’s official: E3 2020 has been canceled [Updated] - arstechnica.com

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 11, 2020, 09:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Did you all see E3 was cancelled this year?

It's official: E3 2020 has been canceled [Updated] - arstechnica.com

It's been cancelled due to Coronavirus.   Not a huge shock right now. 

I didn't realize so many vendors pulled out of E3 in the past.

Thoughts, comments,  musings?   Post it up!

retro junkie

This is insane. Common flu has an estimated 56,000 deaths a year in the US vs Coronavirus 30 so far. And yet we do not blink an eye when it is flu season. With this fabrication of a crisis, the fear and panic is more dangerous to me than the virus. By the time the warm weather is here it will be gone.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

IDK Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have it now... the threat is REAL!!!

retro junkie

there is no spoon

Jack

I honestly couldn't care less that E3 is cancelled. I think all gaming companies should just have live streams of their announcements year round, just like Nintendo does. Why waste money on renting out a venue when you could just live stream only? I'll personally never go to E3 so it makes no difference to me.

BLUEVOODU

@Jack  yeah... I hear you.  It is cool to go to some of those shows ... but maybe e3 has lost its place. I don't know though.  There's some appeal to as show like E3.  That used to be all the rage.   I was surprised to hear Nintendo backed out a few years ago. In fact, I missed that EA and others did as well.

@retro junkie lol... nice  ;D

targetrasp

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more