Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Windows Subsystem for Linux 2

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 14, 2020, 11:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Has anyone seen this?  I knew Windows had certain unix functionality in the past, but this is rather interesting.

Windows 10's built-in Linux kernel will be available to everyone soon - Engage.com

Better yet... has anyone played around with it at all?   Once released... I'm going cosplay around and see what All can be done. This has peaked my interest

Comments,  thoughts? Post it up!

retro junkie

I have so many questions at this point. This is very interesting simply because of the Linux licensing. I am wondering just what type of programs this will be able to run, both? Is this linux with a Windows 10 shell? I really need to understand its purpose. If this would be available as a free OS that had the capabilities of running both programs libraries with the stability and security of linux, that would be the icing on the cake.  This is very interesting.

I have to use Win 10 at in my workplace. I do not like it. I thought 7 was better and easier to work on.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie I played around with this a bit.  I used it while studying Ansible... and used it in conjunction with Visual Studio Code.  It works pretty well.  I'd rather use Linux itself for most applications like this, however, it works rather well.  Give it a shot if you haven't.  It's at least interesting to play around in the environment.

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more