Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Sonic the Hedgehog The Movie after release topic

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 19, 2020, 07:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Alright... who has now seen this and what are your thoughts?  I have yet to see this movie and will probably rent it with all the virus stuff going on at this point.   It looked interesting with the changes they made but heard it was crazy in a few areas.  I'll save that for The discussion. 

Thanks to @retro junkie this is all I can think about when I hear "sonic the Hedgehog the movie ..."

[/quote]

Lol  ;D

Post it up!

targetrasp

$25.00 on amazon prime right now...

I'm waiting - I want a steelbook for that price.

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

I don't think it exists.. but if I see one i'll do it.

The only video game movie (that I know of) that I don't have is double dragon and it's incredibly crappy and incredibly rare. I love rare stuff but I refuse to pay for crappy rare stuff..

targetrasp

I don't know why I don't Google before I respond...

Preordered at BestBuy..

BLUEVOODU

Lol!  In your original message... You were referring to the sonic steelbook? Right?

Do you have the Wizard as well?   ;D that's cool you have all the video game movies.  I haven't been that diligent.  I only have a handful of video game movies.  Maybe a video game movie topic is needed.

targetrasp

yeah sonic steelbook is real and shipping in may (if BestBuy doesn't screw that up)

I've got the collectors edition of the wizard that came out in March, I've not found a steelbook (googled to confirm!)

I'm incredibly nostalgic so things from my childhood that I loved find its way into my library. It leaves an opportunity open for my kids to ask questions or get involved. I'm just waiting for one of them to start a youtube channel making fun of or celebrating (likely both) dad's old crap a la kids react to...

there's been some wins - Mario, terminator, beastie boys, 80's pop, 80's horror movies, predator, star wars, and some losses - gi joe, 80s toons, 80s movies, hair bands, 90's alt, 00's rock, but it's been really fund to curate this crap and to have the current market really play to this with things like reboots and steelbooks.

BLUEVOODU

Lol I might look into the steel book as well.

Not to digress here... but...

Beastie Boys, eh? Lol...   we were down at Ball State visiting @SpartanEvolved  many years back.  He wanted to do karaoke...  and so I mentioned beastie boys... fight for your right (to party).  I got the "no one listens to that anymore" response.  Probably showing my age, but since when has that not been a party song?  It was well before my college time and As far as I'm aware, it's still a party song.

targetrasp

They came back right before Yauch died.

Frodo and East Bound and Down et. al. did a great revisit of Fight for your right...

BLUEVOODU

LOL... I still think it would've been a great Karaoke song... but @SpartanEvolved didn't agree.   There's no way it's not still relevant.

btw... I still haven't watched the Sonic movie yet.   

targetrasp

It's good. Its not ground breaking or earth shattering BUT it's well worth the watch.

BLUEVOODU

Now I just need it to be on Amazon Prime or something else... I'd like to give it a view.