Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

GameStop Instructs Employees to Ignore Law Enforcement And Not Shut Down - vice.

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 19, 2020, 10:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Lol  not sure GameStop qualifies as essential.  I mean, I get we all need a Tetris mug that changes with heat for work.... Buuuttt?

GameStop Instructs Employees to Ignore Law Enforcement And Not Shut Down - vice.com

Thoughts, comments ... post it up!

targetrasp

Gamestop probably can't afford to have any disruption in business. They're on borrowed time likely holding out for the next gen stuff to drop so they get a little bump in revenue.

retro junkie

If we are all confined to our house, we might just need that one game. No wait! I can get the digital download!  :))  :o

I think they are in a critical point and the coronavirus might just be the straw that brings the house down. Gamestop can't afford to close its doors. They might not reopen, not enough cash on hand could be a critical issue.

Wait a minute, it looks as if they have given up and closed.

https://gamerant.com/gamestop-closes-all-us-stores-coronavirus/?utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=GR-FB-P&utm_campaign=GR-FB-P&fbclid=IwAR0vNHLGtXBZK6pCYCZbAGEncvwcMgWQNHlpT7iiDwB8JyF53lVZM9_Pe8s
there is no spoon

Grindspine

QuoteThe company has been unable to provide adequate cleaning supplies to employees,

So up until they closed, it was business as usual at GameStop.  Any use disks were so grimy from unwashed child hands that I avoided buying games from them long before now.

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie good call... yeah... they finally listened.   Funny how they tried to become a "critical" business.  I must buy those video games  ;D

@Grindspine yeah..... I swore them off a long time ago too.  Then I keep getting sucked back in here and there for certain items.... like Call of Duty.   I buy their steel book version every year they make one....