Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Half-Life: Alyx

Started by BLUEVOODU, March 28, 2020, 04:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Has anyone seen Half-Life: Alyx?   It's only a VR release right now.  From my understanding, this plays off the Valve Index VR headset / system that connects to your PC.  This starts out at $1000 ... imo it's pretty pricey.  Going to create a topic on the headset as well.  The reviews are giving this headset pretty high marks though... and apparently for those that can play VR games without issues ... Half-Life: Alyx  has a really good VR implementation.

Here's a pretty good Half-Life: Alyx review:
Half-Life: Alyx: The Kotaku.com Review

How many of you are excited for Half-Life:Alyx?   I'm trying to find the article... somewhere Episode 3 was also rehashed as possible.  It's not like we've only waited 12 years for that. I guess we will see if that happens as well.  Another topic for another post. 

@Polygon @trkorecky @CreepinDeth  - have you checked this out?

Thoughts , comments ... post it up!

targetrasp

i'd love to see it work with the windows mixed reality headset. It's no where near the caliber of what valve or oculus throw out there but it's a great low cost alternative that I was able to get on an insane deal. it doesn't work with everything but I got to try out vr without investing a house payment and my kid can beat on it without me losing my mind.

The game looks really cool, I won't buy a 1k VR right for it though

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp I hear you... in the past... I probably would've bought for something like that and hopes of future games.  However, they have to have more of an offering than Alyx for a $1000 piece of equipment.

I Think it looks really cool... but I'm also wondering if this VR will catch on.  In a way, its like the 3DS... there's many people that cannot use it.  Equipment like this is something I'd be all over in the past.  I dug the Virtual Boy for a couple of their games.  But again... people had issues with the Virtual Boy as well.