Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Binge-watching shows during the Corona-pocalype? Post it up

Started by BLUEVOODU, April 04, 2020, 03:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

This is the Binge watching show topic.  We are all binging certain shows during the Corona-pocalype....  What are you binging?  What do you like and not like?

Post it up!

retro junkie

even though I am still working, I am watching Deep Space Nine. I never watched all of the episodes and I think I stopped watching it at some point during the original broadcast. So .........Dax and Worf married? I really never knew that, seems out of character for her.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

That's definitely one that I didnt finish.   That's a great idea to revisit. I wonder if it's on prime.

We have been binging Monk and Psych.  Both are pretty funny and lighthearted... very good for a laugh and not too serious. I missed both of these while they were on air. 

I think it might be time to watch the xfiles again...

Did anyone see monk and or psych?

retro junkie

Watched Monk some years ago. Very good show. I even purchased a couple of seasons that I found on ebay real cheap. They are still sealed. Going to need to break those seals soon.
there is no spoon

targetrasp

I'm still working as well but we're absolutely dead. I've started watching the MCU in chronological order. I just started Iron Man 2.

AngelBob

I started watching Parks & Rec again, I love comedies. IT Crowd is another good one!

targetrasp

Defiance pulled me from the MCU marathon I'd just started on. I love some crappy SyFy series and as a crappy syfy series I've not been disappointed thus far. 

BLUEVOODU

lol parks n rec... that's another one we've been watching.  BALLER TIME.   I Think we are into season 3 or 4 with Monk now... out of 8... or maybe it was 9 seasons.   Still a way to go!

HM... I need to look into IT Crowd.

We are going to do the Marvel run this summer.  We have all be 2 of the movies - Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  We are going to watch them in the proper order over 2-3 days.   We did that with the Harry Potter's last summer.

Mai Valentine

I've been catching up on Grey's Anatomy. There's 16 seasons, and I've made it to season 11 now. I really enjoy medical drama type shows like that. I also have the boxed set of all of the seasons of House that I want to watch, but I'll probably do that after I finish Grey's.

targetrasp

I've not been a big medical drama fan but House was a masterpiece.

BLUEVOODU

lol speaking of medical drama @Mai Valentine and @targetrasp ... Scrubs.... I miss that show.  It's a comedy though... not a drama.  I think we need to binge that.

@retro junkie We are almost done with all Monk seasons!

BLUEVOODU

@retro junkie we finished Monk.  Pretty good ending ... I recommend.

Is anyone else binging?   Any other shows recommended?

retro junkie

@BLUEVOODU I finished Star Trek Deep Space Nine last week. I really did not like the last few Seasons due to the war with the Dominion. It put a somber mood over the whole series. And I did not like where they took a lot of the characters, and some were just out-of-character. Miles had the most dysfunctional family. Sisco and his son was the best representation of a family they had on the show apart from the Ferengi. I now know why I stopped watching the series during its hay-day. It is not that I cannot enjoy a continuous serial story plot that extends throughout a series, case in point, I am really into Star Trek Discovery. It takes some good writers to make it happen and not kill it for me. I don't think Deep Space Nine had that.  :(
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

I need to watch that series... if I am correct, it was a little rough from the episodes we watched lol.   But we need to re-watch it.    SO.... it sounds like you are recommending it  ;D

targetrasp

Just keeping in line with the Star Trek recommendations - Picard is awesome, and i'm not a huge Star Trek fan. The episode was free so i watched it then got CBS all access to get to watch the rest.

After i finish up the Seal Team episodes that i missed i'll have to check out Discovery. if it's as good as Picard i'll blow right through them.

retro junkie

Star Trek Discovery, I have the first two seasons on DVD.  8) I do not have CBS all access.  ;D
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

targetrasp

not really dark but for star trek its a little dim...

Mai Valentine

She-Ra is another good one to binge if you're more in a cartoon mood. They also just put Avatar: the Last Airbender on Netflix.

Dead to Me is a great show as well, and they just put season 2 up.

retro junkie

I have started Star Trek: Enterprise. It is another one that I bailed on back then. It started losing me after they changed the intro song. And another series that had a war that dragged on and on and on.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

Quote from: Mai Valentine on May 26, 2020, 01:57:03 AM
She-Ra is another good one to binge if you're more in a cartoon mood. They also just put Avatar: the Last Airbender on Netflix.

Dead to Me is a great show as well, and they just put season 2 up.
@Mai Valentine ooo... I'm always down to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender.   Still an awesome series...and it finished back in 2008.  Legend of Korra was pretty good as well.   We will binge those series from time-to-time.

Mai Valentine

I finished Grey's Anatomy, and then the spinoff Private Practice. Both were pretty good.

I am working now on Arrow. I've watched Supergirl and the Flash so it's kind of neat seeing where all the Arrowverse stuff started.

Grindspine

Quote from: retro junkie on May 26, 2020, 10:17:59 PM
I have started Star Trek: Enterprise. It is another one that I bailed on back then. It started losing me after they changed the intro song. And another series that had a war that dragged on and on and on.

Enterprise had a great cast and some great writing early in the series.  When they got into the "temporal cold war" story arc, the story made increasingly less sense.

Renee recently finished the Avatar animated series (the Airbender, not the blue people from the James Cameron film).  We have also watched a ton of Supernatural and Voltron on Netflix!

CreepinDeth

Even though it has cringe-worthy moments and some of the usual anime stereotypes, Hi-Score Girl has won me and my wife over. It still has some funny and real moments that make it enjoyable. I'd recommend it.

BLUEVOODU

Ok lol... we might check out Hi-score Girl.   We have almost finished 30 Rock... it's been an interesting watch.

Ooo... last Airbender and Korra are awesome.  @Grindspine

I'm thinking about Star Trek Enterprise.  It might be time @retro junkie

@Mai Valentine - what is Arrow?

CreepinDeth

Legend of Korra has been announced for a Netflix release on Aug. 14th. Highly recommended. It does fumble a bit between seasons but recovers nicely. Still very solid.

targetrasp

shameless - 10 seasons on netflix - worth the watch if you're ok with raunchy ... don't watch it when the kids are up, or can walk in, or hear it...

CreepinDeth

If anybody is into adult humor, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is very funny. Especially the first 5 seasons.

Superstore is also a decent comedy along with Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I wasn't a fan of Andy Samberg but I think he found a good role in Jake Peralta.

Community is also a favorite of mine. Starts off a bit basic but turns into an awesome comedy. NBC had some strong shows in the late '00's early '10's.

Russian Doll, The Last Kingdom, Master of None on Netflix are also decent.

CreepinDeth

What We Do In the Shadows is also decent. I recommend watching the movie first. It's directed by Taika Waititi.

If anyone likes sports, the new Michael Jordan Documentary The Last Dance is really great.

Grindspine

Renee also just got Legend of Korra, which is a continuation of Avatar: The Last Airbender.  It seems good so far!

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more