Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Who is excited for the PlayStation 5?

Started by BLUEVOODU, April 11, 2020, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEVOODU

Who is excited for this ... and 1st day buyers?  Do you think it will be delayed with the corona virus plaguing us right now?

I'm pretty pumped for it and what it'll have to offer.  I'm not necessarily watching any certain titles right now.   The current generations of hardware still feel like they have a couple years of life in them.  I could be wrong... I get the ps4 is 6 years old.

I'm still pumped.  What's your thoughts on this?  Post it up!

targetrasp

There's been some talk that this generation of consoles could be more expensive than the last. Demand has components going at a premium especially since output has been stymied by the Coronavirus. It'd be nice if Sony and MS take a hit and keep the console prices down to sell more consoles but it's more likely less consoles will be produced at a 50 - 100 dollar higher than last generation msrp. It would also seem likely delays in manufacturing, a thinned out work force, and Sony saying they weren't going to make as many consoles would give game developers pause and give little incentive to put out software by launch. I realize the software got started long before Coronavirus was a thing so there's undoubtedly going to be stuff ready but anyone that might not quite be ready or may be looking at delaying wouldn't have quit the incentive to meet a launch target. I'm guessing less games and a higher entry price...

With that said I would wait to purchase (maybe wait for the upgraded console or a neat limited edition) but the only thing my son wants for Christmas is a ps5 so I'll likely preorder (especially since they're for sure making less consoles). The living room console may have to wait for that limited edition console to drop. In the mean time I'll be snagging last gen stuff on the cheap and playing through a back log.

BLUEVOODU

@targetrasp yes - I have a few links / threads I'm going to post up.   Feel free to post up articles for discussion as well.   It's ok to link here to news and other things... to legit sites lol.

That's true... costs seem to be going up.... but I don't think they will hit PlayStation 3 levels.

targetrasp

PS3 ONLY survived the 7th generation because ps plus was free, the later stage console exclusive (uncharted, metal gear solid, god of war...) and the price did finally come down. PLus costs, ps5 is gonna cost more, and if there's a shortage scalping will likely drive things up even harder. I'm going off memory (so i'm porbably wrong) but once you adjust for inflation no system over the 500 dollar mark did well. Here's looking at you Neo Geo, CDI, 3d0, Saturn, ...

Mai Valentine

There's no way I'll be able to afford it when it comes out, unfortunately.

I mean I'll end up buying it in a few years after the price goes down. I think that's better, anyway, because then there will also be more games for it.

retro junkie

I think you might know how I feel about new hardware. I am forever stuck in retro gaming. Unless it is that one game that grabs me. It was Cuphead that motivated me to get the Xbox one. And it has been a couple of years since, I think, I have turned it on. I am totally excited about the Turbo Grafx 16 mini.
there is no spoon

BLUEVOODU

@Mai Valentine - I probably won't be able to afford it either with the salary reductions.

@targetrasp - yeah... I Get that.  Also... the Ps3 was very expensive at launch.  Somehow, I doubt the PS5 will match the cost... but we will see.

@retro junkie come to the dark side.... and get a free cookie  ;D

Play-Asia.com - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more