Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Mario Party - DS

Started by Bomber Man, June 06, 2020, 11:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber Man

Review: Mario Party DS is one of my favorite Mario Party's to this date. The reason I love it so much is because it's traditional like the original Mario Party's. The game is fun and solid, there aren't a lot of characters, but were talking about a DS, so things were limited back then. Maps are good too, and the gameplay (items, spaces, and overall everything) was good too. I really don't have anything to say that I don't like about this game. Well except maybe the sound quality, that was pretty eh. Again tho, this was the DS so things were limited.

Story: The story is pretty simple, Bowser shrinks you, and you have to find him to get back to normal. I like this story because its new and kinda original. I also like it because it is not over complicated to understand.

Maps: The maps also take advantage of the story's plot. There are 5 in total and they are garden, jungle, music room, magic room, and a secret one. They all have a theme, and they all are pretty creative with design. What's cool about the maps is that the stars act differently I think in about each of them. The prices change, and other properties change!

Minigames: Not only was the game good, but the minigames are as well good. They are creative, fun, and smart! they come to a grand total of 74. To me that was a lot for a DS. The minigames are creative because they take the advantage of the story's plot of you being small. The mingames are genius because they also take real life objects and use them to their advantage. These minigames are one of the best in the series!

Music: The music I think is good, but the sound quality of the DS makes it ok. Same goes with the voices. The voices are kinda scratchy, but that isn't what the game is about. I rather have a good game than good sound quality.

Extras: There are a ton of extras including, modes, unlockables, and collectables. The modes are really fun, and make the game more complete. Same goes with the collectibles and unlockables!

Overall: This mario party easily became one of my Top 5 mario party's. It is that good. The best part is that it's on a handheld, which means you can take it anywhere! I would give this game a 9/10.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

targetrasp

That's so strange you mentioned Mario Party DS, I just bought a ds / 3ds collection last Saturday and it was one of the games I'm going to keep. I've yet to play it but your review just helped move it up the list.

Bomber Man

I'm glad I could help you out! I forgot to mention that there are Minigames that do require the mic, just a heads up.
The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...